Why I Won't Call Myself A Feminist

Why I Won't Call Myself A Feminist

In the words of the Dangerous Faggot, "feminism is cancer".

95
Why I Won't Call Myself A Feminist
thoughtcatalog.com

I do not support feminism.

There, I said it.

Yes, back in the early 1900s I would have been rallying for the right to vote and to be seen as an equal to men, but we've moved past that. I can vote. I am paid as much as my male coworkers, even more than some. Third-wave feminism isn't doing anything for me, or for equality.

What once was a movement about empowering women, is now a movement of empowering women by stealing from men.

1. Men and women should not be treated as equals

First off, I want to say that men and women are equal in value. However, that does not mean men and women are the same emotionally or physically.

You've heard "brains vs. brawns." Women are more emotionally intelligent than men, and men have considerably more muscle mass than women. This is just biology, not sexism. These differences explain why women can handle stress and tedious situations with more durability than men, and men can lift more weight, run faster, and endure more physical activity than women. You cannot compare the two sexes on emotional and physical levels and expect them to be exactly the same-you just can't. Third-wave feminists believe that men and women should be treated the same in every aspect to be equal. But does that mean it is that fair that a transgender woman competes in women's sports? Is it fair that a person, born as a male, can compete as a female? They have a biological disposition to excel at physical competitions, that means they have a better chance at winning. It is not "inequality" that men can, in general, run faster than women.

To say women are physically weaker is not to say that we aren't strong; we just are just strong in a different way than men. I've read countless articles arguing that women should be able to play football, not on all women teams though, but on the same field as men. Can you imagine a 5'2", 120 lb girl being tackled by a 6'2" 220 lb male linebacker? I don't think it's hard to imagine the outcome of an encounter like that. Feminists need to stop arguing for equality in every aspect, and start arguing to be treated with respect for the ways that women differ from men.

2. The "wage-gap" does not exist

In 2009, the US Department of Labor released a study that concluded there was, in fact, a 23-cent wage gap, but wait for it--this wage-gap is due to the individual choices made by male and female workers, not discrimination from the employers as feminists would have you believe. In reality, the wage-gap is between 4.8 and 7-cents. I don't know about you, but I'm not getting my panties in a twist over 7-cents. Ready for another shocker? There is no injustice in this wage gap! Studies show it is a result of women having inferior negotiating skills when it comes to discussing earnings with employers, and women take more vacation days and sick days than their male counterparts. I think it's fair to make the assumption that if men are more assertive and work more than women, then it makes sense that men receive a higher pay. How can feminists argue for equal pay when the injustice is at their own hands?

3. Emasculation is wrong

Feminists do not want men to embrace what makes them "masculine." In fact, third wave feminists describe any traits that are traditional masculine as aspects of "toxic masculinity". Feminists emasculate men in the guise of "equality". This is wrong in a number of ways and only serves to diminish the uniqueness of both sexes. You don't want him to get the bill or hold the door for you? That's your problem. Don't try to stop him from being a kind person. Men are naturally more masculine and women naturally more feminine. Does that make masculinity toxic and femininity a sign of weakness? The same girls I know to be feminists and emasculate men complain about wanting a "real man." It's okay for a woman to demand men to disregard their natural instincts and be more in tune with their emotions, but god forbid a man wants a woman to stop being so feminine or emotional and "man-up" a little bit.

Whether you identify as a feminist or not is your choice. I'm not trying to shove my opinions down your throat, but please take my words to heart: modern feminism does not call for equality in the way that we want it to. Wanting everybody to be equal is called being a good person, not being a feminist.