Women Want Sex Just As Much As Men Do
relationships

It's 2019 And Women Are Still Shamed For Admitting That Yes, We Want Sex

Not all of us want a relationship where we have to nurture a partner.

278
Couple

Yes, women want sex. Yes, we have sexual desires. Yes, we are allowed to explicitly want to hookup with no strings attached. Not all of us want a relationship where we have to nurture a partner. People, men especially, tend to shame women whenever they find out she just wants a hookup. Like, wow, women want to be sexually pleasured without any feelings involved...just like men!

In today's society, women are still seen as the more gentle gender. The gender that should be sweet and smiling all the time. The gender that shouldn't do "dirty" things like JUST want sex. Women should be good and "moral" people who are in loving relationships where they constantly offer their love and support to their significant other.

When will we finally be more accepting of a woman being open about her sexuality? Guys want hookups on the regular, but society just labels them as "fuck boys" and moves on. "Oh, he's a guy. What do you expect?" But when a woman does it, "Wow, she's such a thot. What a whore. How dare she want to sexually please herself and be so OPEN about it?"

Reality check, people: women love sex just as much as men.

We shouldn't be shamed for making out with three guys at a party. We shouldn't be shamed for putting "only looking for hookups" on our Tinder profile. We shouldn't be shamed for having a higher body count than men. Are we really living in a society where a man's ego is hurt if a woman has a higher body count than them? The unfortunate answer is YES. Indeed we are.

We also live in a society where men have always been seen as the aggressive and dominant gender whose bad behavior is justified and decent behavior is rewarded. On the other hand, women are the sweet diamonds that must be kept away from the dirt and if they do get some dirt on them, they are socially shamed.

We need to let go of that mentality.

We need to stop treating sex as such an immoral and dirty subject when it is something so natural and so great. We need to stop with the double standards of sexuality between men and women. If men can have sex with others without any strings attached, women shouldn't have to be shamed about the same exact thing.

Sex is something great. It is something pleasuring and some people need to realize that sex is not only about a man's pleasure. A woman's pleasure is equally as important! We need to start holding men and women's sexuality to the same standards. If we don't, we will have future generations that still shame women for being sexually open about their desires and look the other way when men do the same thing.