I Asked 13 Women For The Most Misogynistic Thing A Man Has Said To Them, And There Are Some Garbage 'Men' Out There

It's time to start thinking about if what you're saying to other women would make you mad if someone said the same thing about your mother, your sister, your cousin, etc.

991

Definition of misogyny: The hatred and prejudice against women.

As women, we deal with many hurtful and ludicrous comments from men. This occurs in the workplace, at social events, and even in passing on the streets. Thank you to the women who shared their stories of the comments that have been made to them. I hope that this is eye-opening for not just men, but for other women as well (Yes, women can be misogynistic towards one another) and that we can all learn to treat each other as equals.

These responses will really anger you:

1. Mr. Money Bags

"A dude I was dating told me he couldn't be with me because he doesn't want to have to financially support someone who is in social work... He didn't want to have to 'Carry the weight in the relationship.'"

2. The lawsuit waiting to happen, pt. 1

"The summer after I completed my first year of law school, my legal internship supervising attorney told me that I sounded like a valley girl. I've also had older male attorneys comment on my hair and relating it to my prospects for marriage."

3. The deadbeat

"My son's father told me he shouldn't owe me support because I make more. He's still the child's father! My son has been in my care 95% of his life. We both created our son and he requires care that both parents should be responsible for despite who makes more or less?! Right?"

4. The last thing you'd want to smile at

"I was told by a male I didn't know 'You should smile more.' It wasn't said in a nice, playful manner either. The way I took it is that by not smiling as big or often as he wanted me to, I was making him uncomfortable, which I think has misogynistic undertones because its as though men believe women are placed on this Earth to make them feel good about themselves or give them something pleasant to look at... which of course, is ridiculous."

5. The f*ckboy parade

"As someone who decided to save sex for the right person, I've had a lot of guys be assholes because of it. I've had guys say stupid shit such as, 'I honestly just want to be f*ck buddies, so it's not going to work out' and 'Sorry, my body count is high, I'm just really good at what I do. 'One person sent me a Snapchat video of himself masturbating and asked me to do the same for him. WE WEREN'T EVEN AN ITEM! So many guys just think they're entitled to your body and that is exactly why I was a virgin until I was 21."

6. The boy in uniform

"Five minutes after I told him I was raped, my ex (who was deployed at the time) told me I was 'selfish and inconsiderate' for not feeling comfortable sexting him."

7. The lab partner

"Pretty girls usually aren't smart enough to be doctors" — Microbiology lab partner

8. The cyberbully

"When one of my exes broke up with me, he had all his friends cyber attack me telling me to 'Kill myself,' 'Life would be better without you in it,' 'You'll never do better than him,' and 'He never loved you anyway.' They did this via Facebook status updates and texts messages."

9. "You're actually smart?"

"I used to work at Twin Peaks and I had customers ask me my major and once I told them it was bioengineering, they looked at me and said, 'Oh... you're actually smart? But you're a blonde and work at Twin Peaks?'"

10. The classic sexist

"A woman's place is in the kitchen."

11. Dating = you're a whore, obviously

"One guy called me a dating whore because of the fact that I've been on a few dates in my life"

12. The hot flash

"About 10 years ago at work, I said I was hot, I don't remember if it was summer, whatever, and one of the younger males who worked with me at the time said to me, 'Are you having a hot flash?'"

13. The lawsuit waiting to happen, pt. 2

"I worked at the Board of Education. One guy called my desk phone and said it's illegal for me to wear a skirt because my legs were so sexy."