11 Strong Women Role Models To Look Up To

May we know them, be them and raise them!

20
AnneMarie C. Mantei

Elizabeth Smart

TEDx University of Nevada 2014

Kidnapped at age fourteen from her bedroom in the middle of the night, and tortured for nine months before coming to her own rescue, Smart has taken the life-changing experience and used it as her vocation. Author, educator and advocate, Smart is a fabulous example of a strong, brave woman who uses her experience as good.

Jaclyn Hill

Starting a career in makeup from the ground up with the use of YouTube, Hill is a trailblazer in the social media influencer world. Facing much adversity (a divorce, failed makeup brand launch, mental health struggles), Hill's ability to bounce back serves as an inspiration to us all. Her trademark reliability and honesty are traits that have her subscribers watching her videos over and over.

Kate Middleton

Real-life Cinderella! Kate went from an average woman to married to the future King of England. Imagine all she had to figure out! Her poise and grace while doing so are admirable from any point of view. The dedicated mother, activist and on the side photographer always is on point no matter what!

Michelle Obama

Obamas and Bidens Open USO Show

The former First Lady set a great example for others while in office and outside! While focusing on health initiatives, Michelle helped us all get healthier by encouraging clean eating and plenty of exercise. She was a pioneer in the political world.

Kim Kardashian West

Say what you will about the Kardashians, they do know how to be businesswomen. Kim has created an empire. CEO and founder of Skims, KKW Beauty, KKW Fragrance and more, Kim is a certifiable boss babe. Juggling it all can't be easy, but she sure makes it look it!

Selena Gomez

No matter what Selena does, she does it well. Whether it's being a wizard, releasing new hit music or being a fight for social and political rights, Selena Gomez makes her mark.

Serena Williams

How could there be a list of strong women without including the most powerful female athlete in the world? Serena (and sister Venus) are straight-up examples of girl power! I mean just look at her and her daughter empowering others!

Ashley Graham

Ashley Graham continues to break boundaries in the fashion world. While advocating for positive body image and self-love, she continues to do what others have not in the modeling industry.

Angelina Jolie

Actor, mother and humanitarian, Jolie seems to do it all. She has expanded her family by adopting many children and giving them unconditional love and support as well as donating much of her earnings to numerous organizations.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Imagine being a part of the monumental decision to legalize same-sex marriage. The infamous RBG is a part of the reason we are able to live in a country where we have this right. Talk about a trailblazer. Ruth continues to fight for rights while making firsts as a woman!

Ellen DeGeneres

Ellen has been a leader in the LGBTQ+ community and inspires to enjoy life and laugh a lot. She has paved the way in the entertainment world while setting a fine example to embrace ourselves!

While there are many others, these are some of my personal favorites that I look to for inspiration every day! May we all continue to be, know, and encourage others as strong women!