15 Influential Women in Golf That Are Growing The Game

15 Women That Make It Cool To Pursue A Career In Golf

From brand ambassador to professional golfer, these women are leaving their mark on the game of golf.

439

Golf is a male dominant sport, but there are a lot of women who are making waves in the sports. These women making it cool for girls out there that aspire for a career in golf. They show that women of all kinds of backgrounds can make a mark in a sport that for a long time was dominated by men. A time when men received the most recognition.

These days are slowly being put before us, and there are women out there that are helping to grow the game.

These women are leaving a mark on golf and changing the way we view the game:

1. Michelle Wie

Michelle Wie has been making a mark in the game of golf for years. She was the youngest female golfer to compete in a PGA TOUR event. She is a major winner and she started her career at the age of 16 years old.

2. Cheyenne Woods

Cheyenne Woods is more than just Tiger Woods’ niece. She is a winner on the Ladies European Tour and a role model to young girls everywhere. She attended Wake Forest University and started her professional career in 2012.

3. Lexi Thompson

Lexi Thompson’s career is impressive. She has 13 professional careers wins including a major. She won the ANA Inspiration in 2014. She also has two brothers who are professional golfers as well. She comes from a talented family.

4. Blair O’Neal

Blair O’Neal is one of golf’s greatest spokesperson. She golfed at the University of Arizona And now she co-host the School Of Golf On Golf Channel. She uses her influence in golf to encourage more young women to pursue the game of golf.

5. Paige Spiranac

Paige is well-known for her social media influence. She is also one of golf's biggest ambassadors, and she shows that women come in all shapes and sizes. She uses her influence to speak out against cyberbullying, which she has been a victim of too.

6. Danielle Kang

Danielle Kang is a two-time winner on the LPGA Tour, and one of the wins being the 2017 Women’s PGA Championship. She played at Pepperdine University for two years. She is always a crowd favorite to watch and to root for.

7. Lucy Robson

Lucy is a golf sensation on social media. She is a brand ambassador for Puma and Cobra. You will always see some cool golf videos on her Instagram page.

8. Nelly Korda

Nelly Korda is the younger of the two Korda sisters on Tour, but her young career is just as impressive as her sister's. She has won twice in the LPGA Tour and she was in contention for two of the five majors last season. She has one of the most upbeat personalities on the Tour.

9. Jessica Korda

Jessica is the older of the two Korda sister's and she has 5 career wins. She was in contention for three of the five majors last season. She and her sister come from a very athletic family, their father is a retired tennis player and their brother is a current tennis player.

10. Chelsea Pezzola

Chelsea is another one of golf's popular social media talents. She is currently a media personality in golf.

11. Alexandra O’Laughlin

Alexandra is another media personality in golf. She is a reporter for the golf channel. She is most prominent in her coverage of the LPGA Tour, but you can see her covering some of the bigger events on the PGA Tour.

12. Amanda Balionis

Amanda is a reporter for CBS Sports. She covers any and everything from College Football to the Super Bowl, but she is most famously known for her coverage of golf on CBS.

13. Teryn Gregson

Teryn Gregson is a reporter for PGA Tour Live. She fixture that fans are used to seeing and she travels around with the Tour every weekend to give us post round updates. Her round recaps and takeaways are something that fans look forward to seeing.

14. Tania Tare

Tania Tare is one of the best trick shot artists in golf. She has cool moves and she is the most creative. Her Instagram is full of awesome trick shot videos.

15. Lydia Ko

Lydia Ko has one of the most impressive careers for a golfer her age. She has 20 professional wins and two of those being majors. She is the youngest person to win an LPGA Tour event and the youngest to win her first event. She is the definition of small, but fierce.

From brand ambassador to professional golfer, these women are leaving their mark on the game of golf. They are changing the way that we view golf. It is showing that men are not the only ones gaining popularity in this game.