It's 2018 And Women Still Can't Say No Without Fearing For Their Lives

Not all women wanna sleep with you or go on a date with you, you gotta get used to it.

111

A young girl is going on a morning jog when she notices a car following her. The man inside the car tries to pursue her and the girl threatens to call the cops. Instead of leaving her alone, the man smuggles the girl into the car of his trunk and next thing you know, her dead body is found months later.

The girl's name was Mollie Tibbet and her murderer was a man who couldn't handle rejection.

Unfortunately, this is not the first time a woman has been murdered because she said no or rejected a man's pursuit. I'm not saying all men are like this, but, let's be real, most are. They are raised to think that if they want to be with a girl have sex with her, she automatically wants to as well. But that is not always the case.

Some women don't feel comfortable with random men approaching them out of the blue. Some women don't want to kiss on the first date or they don't want to date at all. But when a woman directly tells a man this, it hurts his ego and he retaliates with hurtful words and extreme behavior such as physical abuse or even homicide in some cases. In South Asian countries, men throw acid at women when they reject a marriage proposal or want a divorce. These cases make other women fear standing up or saying no to men and it is extremely unhealthy.

In most households, men are raised to be more assertive and dominant in their behavior. Women are taught to be more submissive and gentle. It's because of this unequal treatment that women are being abused and murdered every single day. These type of men think that women acting so nice and gentle will get them whatever they want and it catches them by surprise when women simply say no.

So, what's the solution? Now, I don't want to sound like a broken record, but we need to start raising our sons better. And not just sons, but daughters, too. We cannot raise men to think that women are so inferior to them that it makes them want to beat or murder her whenever she rejects him. And we cannot raise our girls to be so gentle and sweet all the time because it will only lead to more difficulties for her in her future relationships. We need to raise them to be able to say no and raise boys to be able to accept it.

To all the guys reading this, try to understand that women do not have to always comply or agree with what you say. Rejection happens, it is a part of life. No woman deserves to be verbally or physically abused and certainly not killed just because their opinions and thoughts do not align with yours. These senseless acts of violence do more than just physical damage to a woman. It has psychological effects that can last for a very long time.

Don't call her a slut just because she doesn't want to date you. Don't call her a prude just because she doesn't want to have sex with you. Don't throw acid at her and ruin her entire face and body just because she doesn't want to marry you. Don't slap her just because she didn't listen to you. Just like all humans, women have the right to say no. And as men, you have the obligation to respect and accept that.