To The Woman Who Had To Redefine Her Life

Dear you,

Yes, you. The woman who gave her all in a relationship that was either destined for a happily ever after or destined to be a lesson-learned.

I do not know how long it has been since your last relationship ended and right now might not be the best time. But, this goes to you and that promising relationship you once held in the grip of your now unsteady hands. Unsteady because you are bruised by the constant infliction of heartbreak agony. Your hypothetical heart attack; your heartache.

Heartbreak.

This goes to the woman who thought that the, now, heartbreaking relationship was her forever. The perfect relationship where you believed your life was defined by him, forever. Fortunately, your life is not defined by another being, which, redefines forever.

Heartbreak is your best and worst enemy. You are hurt and you want to move on, but can not seem to find the strength to. Unfortunately, it is time. While you are probably assuming you have the worst luck with love. I want you to know that there is love out there. Clearly, it is not him.

Regret.

You may regret the relationship, your actions, and the time-wasted. But do not regret being a good woman to a man you once loved. Do not let regret intertwine with the genuine woman you were to him and the woman you will continue to be. Currently, he is the wrong man. It is not your fault he left. Your internal monologues unsound, "If only I nagged him less." Nothing you can do or could do could have prevented your current predicament.

Use this moment!

This is your moment to transition into a new life where you edit your ex from your autobiography. A life without another person. A life that is now dedicated to you. And this, will take time.

Don't go back.

It's Friday and you are having one too many drinks and want solace and healing from the person who broke you. Put that phone down! Do not give in to your moment of weakness. Going back to the ended relationship shows desperation. If you do so, you are giving that person power over you. You are sending a message that regardless of what they do, where they go, and how the break your heart, that you will still be there.

Let go.

Stop mulling over the past! Stop wallowing in self-pity! Your happy ending does not include him. So, pick up the pieces of your heart and start over. Free your self for a better person as you become an improved woman. In this chapter, you will forgive him and yourself as you begin your memoir centered around you moving on.

Sincerely,

A woman in your shoes.