10 Female Characters That Give Us Bad Witch Energy

They are forces to be reckon with

156
Anna Biller Productions

There are a lot of movies involving witches and a lot of TV shows have a different take on them. However, there is a reoccurring badass witch vibe that shows in different ways and through different characters.

Here a 10 movie and television characters that give off great bad witch energy.

Elaine ("The Love Witch")

Played by: Samantha Robinson

"The Love Witch" was made in 2016 but has a retro horror movie vibe to it.

Elaine is considered the love witch who wants to find a man to love her. The spells she creates ends up working too well and Elaine ends up with a line of victims.

Elaine has a seductive and powerful vibe. Her style is iconic and her character makes the love witch aesthetic.

Alexandra Medford ("The Witches of Eastwick")

Huffpost

Played by: Cher

"The Witches of Eastwick" is a 1987 film that consists of three iconic witches.

The film is about three friends who feel unfulfilled with their lives and meet a stranger named Daryl. Daryl courts them and helps them learn more about the powers they have.

The three of them learn that Daryl isn't the man they thought and work together to get back at him.

Alexandra is one of those witches who has a badass vibe to her. She has a strong personality and an iconic witch style.

Gillian Owens ("Practical Magic")

Played by: Nicole Kidman

"Practical Magic" is an iconic witch film about two sisters who live with their aunts. They live different lives but come together whenever one of them needs the other.

In "Practical Magic" they run into trouble when a man named Jimmy and end up needing to deal with his evil spirit that is haunting the family.

Gillian Owens is one of the sisters who has a badass attitude and a great style. She is unapologetically herself and will fight for her family and herself.

Tia Dalma a.k.a Calypso ("Pirates of The Caribbean")

Played by: Naomie Harris

Tia Dalma is seen in the "Pirates of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" and "At World's End". She is a witch in the second movie who helps Jack Sparrow get rid of his black spot and help him find Davy Jones.

Tia has a creepy and seductive vibe and has an in-depth history. It is revealed in the third movie that she is actually the sea goddess Calypso trapped in human form.

She also is a big reason why Davy Jones has such a cold heart/no heart. Tia Dalma was an iconic character who was super badass.

Sarah Sanderson ("Hocus Pocus")

Played by: Sarah Jessica Parker

The Sanderson sisters from "Hocus Pocus" will always be iconic witches from a movie that almost everyone loves. Although all three of them were some bad witches, Sarah Sanderson had an aesthetic vibe to her.

She was seductive and ditzy and seemed like she was the witch that was off her rocker. Her style was an aesthetic and that eery song she sings adds to the iconic vibe of her character.

Kendra Hilferty ("Beastly")

Gfycat

Played by: Mary-Kate Olsen

"Beastly" was a modern take on the fairytale "Beauty and The Beast".

Kendra was the modernized witch who puts the curse on the main character Kyle, after he proved that he needed to be taught a lesson. Kendra had a badass style and she was unapologetic.

Even though she took drastic measures and it seemed a bit unfair, in the end, she did do Kyle a favor.

She showed him that just because you are pretty on the outside, doesn't mean you aren't ugly on the inside.

Agatha Prenderghast a.k.a Aggie ("ParaNorman")

Played/Voiced by: Jodelle Ferland

"ParaNorman" is a cute Halloween claymation involving zombies and a boy who sees the dead. The main villain is the witch that is out for revenge against the town but it turns out to be a heartbreaking story.

Agatha was 11 years old when she was executed for being a witch, even though all she did was talk to the dead (something the main character has done.) Due to the horrible thing the town did, she cursed them and did exactly what she said she would: "make them sorry."

Even though this was a kid's claymation, Agatha was pretty iconic. She had a badass streak to her but also a very tragic backstory that explained her rage.

The ending "ParaNorman" gave her, was very sweet and sad, and proved there was more to her than being a villain.

Prudence Blackwood ("The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina")

KvteBishop

Played by: Tati Gabrielle

Switching to TV characters... Prudence Blackwood is from the show "The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina". She is an enemy and sometimes frenemy of Sabrina and is the leader of the "weird sisters."

They are a group that gets into mischief and act as if they run the Academy of Unseen Arts. Often Prudence can be evil but she has the perfect bad witch energy to her.

Even though she has a dark twist to her sometimes she does do what is best and will fight for things she believes in.

Davina Claire ("The Originals")

Played by: Danielle Campbell

Davina is a young witch who views Klaus' frenemy Marcel as a father figure. Davina's parents betrayed her during a Harvest ritual that turned out to be cruel to young witches.

Davina, witnessing horrors was helped by Marcel and despite her tragedy, she became a very strong witch. Davina has incredible powers and even though she is young and still yearns for a teenage life; she is not someone to mess with.

Even when Davina passed away and was having a horrible time in the afterlife, she took the last bit of strength she had to do the right thing.

We were all so glad when Davina came back to life.

Sheila Bennett ("The Vampire Diaries")

Fandom

Played by: Jasmine Guy

Sheila Bennett is the grandmother of the main witch Bonnie Bennett in "The Vampire Diaries". Sheila was Bonnie's badass grandmother who filled in when Bonnie's mother was absent.

She teaches Bonnie what she is and teaches her how to be the best witch she can be. Although Sheila was getting older, she did not lose her badass attitude and great power.

Unfortunately, Sheila died early in the show after helping Bonnie save her friends and using an exhausting spell even though Sheila knew her body couldn't take it.

Luckily, we still see Sheila throughout the show as she often visits Bonnie when she needs her the most.

Can't forget about the last episode where Sheila stands beside Bonnie to defeat actual hellfire.

All of these witches are badass and are forces to be reckon with. They all have their own aesthetic and unique qualities. These characters have that bad witch energy us women love. Embrace your bad witch energy!