A Wisconsinite's Summer Bucket List

A Wisconsinite's Summer Bucket List

19
A Wisconsinite's Summer Bucket List
Pin IMG

With Summer right around the corner, I've been spending a lot more time daydreaming, and a lot less time paying attention in class. I'm constantly thinking about sitting around a campfire, singing oldies and drinking a cold beer on a 75 degree night. I don't even cringe when thinking about all of the mosquitos that are bound to tear up my bare legs because Summer is still the best time of the year in Wisconsin. I'm telling you, this is what we wait for all year as Wisconsinites. Whenever someone asks how I'm able to endure the treacherous below freezing, disgusting weather in the Winter, I tell them that you will just never beat a Summer night in Wisconsin. That being said, as I get older, I'm looking to adventure further out and spend my sweet Summertime in the best of the best places in my home state. Below is my 2016 Wisconsin Summer Bucket List.

1. Explore Door County

Door County is located in Eastern Wisconsin and is home to beautiful scenery including beaches, marinas and lighthouses, romantic small towns, wineries and much more. Door County would be my kind of vacation, and you could find me sipping wine day in and day out on the shoreline.

2. Tube Down The Apple River

The apple river is located near Somerset and New Richmond. If you're looking for a good time, floating down the river with a cooler-tube full of your favorite drinks and a convoy of friends, this is the place to be. Please, just don't bring your children.

3. Catch A Brewers Game At Miller Park

Miller Park, located in Milwaukee, is a place I will frequent over and over again every Summer probably for the rest of my life. Tailgating will never get old, Miller Lite will never get old, and the Brewers, no matter how terrible they might be this year, will never get old.

4. Go Hiking At Devil's Lake State Park

Devil's Lake State Park is located in Baraboo and will provide some of the most breathtaking views of nature that a Wisconsinite might ever see in their state. My plan is to dedicate a full weekend this Summer to hiking, camping and enjoying the gorgeous views.

5. Attend Summerfest Music Festival

Summerfest, located in Milwaukee, is known as "The World's Largest Music Festival". This Summer's lineup is already out and is bound to draw in huge crowds. Tickets are never too pricey and there's plenty to do on the Summerfest grounds.

6. Explore The Apostle Islands

The Apostle Islands, located in La Pointe, is home to 21 islands and 12 miles of mainland featuring plenty of beaches, cliffs and caves. There are many spots to set up camp and enjoy the views, hike and explore the water.

7. Go On A Tour Of The New Glarus Brewery

The New Glarus Brewery, located in New Glarus, is one of Wisconsin's most famous breweries. They provide tours that include taste-testing a few of their famous brews and a behind the scenes look at what it takes to run a successful brewery.

8. Explore Cave Of The Mounds

Cave of the Mounds is nestled in Blue Mounds and is unlike any cave a Wisconsinite has ever seen. Tours include views of these spectacular crystal caves as well as their Gemstone Mine, Butterfly Gardens and plenty of biking and hiking trails.

9. Visit Wisconsin Dells

Wisconsin Dells is known as "The Waterpark Capital of The World". With tons of waterparks to choose from, a unique downtown and boat tours, you'll never run out of things to do.