February is almost coming to an end and I've been living through a whole winter season without any snow. I was beginning to wonder if snow would ever show up in my new home and it finally did the other night. It's not much compared to what I'm used to where I used to live but it's still equally as beautiful and never fails to inspire me. I wrote this simple poem to appreciate it and I hope you'll all enjoy it as well and maybe even get out there in the snow before it leaves us again.
Look out beyond,
the world glitters with the presence
of snow that spawned
from the unknown to spark the utmost pleasance.
A shiver is breathed all around,
trickling up and down my spine
and the world is empty. No one to be found.
At once I can fly, for the world is now mine.
Slight dustings still come down,
dancing in the street lights,
like a baker adorning a cake with a sugary crown.
May you never turn around, for fear of missing the sweet delights.
It decorates our eyelashes, our hair
as we prance outside as if we were still children
without a care and as if no one was there.
With no effort, we found our haven.
I often wonder why we search so hard for joy
when it's right there in front of our eyes,
waiting for us to realize it's not a ploy,
but rather the sweetest prize.
Open your eyes and take in
every sweet wonder in front of you
with your wildest grin.
Honey, it's long overdue.
What are you waiting for?
The wonderland is waiting
so get out there and explore
what nature's artist has been creating.
- A Reflection On 'Winter With The Writers' ›
- The Joy Winter Gave ›
- Senior Year Snowfall ›
- The Good Winter Poems ›
- Winter: Poems for Kids | Academy of American Poets ›
- 10 Great Winter Poems Everyone Should Read - Interesting Literature ›
- 10 Best Winter Poems for Poets and Lovers of Poetry | Writer's Digest ›
- Winter Poems: Barbara Rogasky, Trina Schart Hyman ... ›
- Poems for Winter | Academy of American Poets ›
- Winter Poems - Poems For Winter - - Poem by - Poem Hunter ›
- 15 Reflective Winter Poems For Cold Nights | Book Riot ›
- 21 Winter Poems - Frigid and Toasty Poems for Winter Season ›
- Ten beautiful winter poems ›
- Winter Poems | Poetry Foundation ›