Winter Is Coming To An End

Winter Is Coming To An End

The season that just makes you feel GOOD

126
Winter Is Coming To An End

As winter is finally coming to an end, it seems like this winter literally lasted a lifetime. Even the blooming of the cherry blossoms was delayed and it snowed in late March.

As much as I love walking outside in the snow and cuddling in my bed with a relaxing movie, I’m more than excited about the spring. Although my pollen allergies sometimes get in the way, spring is truly my favorite season. It is not freezing cold like the winter, not burning hot like the summer.

Fall is the closest to spring, but the difference is that fall is more chilly than warm, while spring is the complete opposite. It is warm with the perfect amount of occasional breeze that you cherish.

Spring to me has always been a symbol of positivity.

The weather makes you want to wake up every morning. It makes you want to be productive. Just seeing that the trees are full of leaves makes you feel good. Great, in fact.

It allows you to be a part of nature without going on a one-month hike. The wonderful adventures come alive and you can spend hours and hours with a single person on a picnic blanket, eating sandwiches or doing work.

It seems like everyone is in their hibernation period when winter comes. They want to be in their house for as long as possible and only go outside when necessary. Spring changes that. People want to be outside for the entire day, and even when they come home, they want to be active.

This attitude is the thing I miss the most about the springtime. Yes, the weather gets nicer, the flowers start to bloom, but those things lead to more social interactions. There are more people outside so you're more likely to talk to someone.

More meetings at cafes, more running around the reservoir together, more drive-in movies, more picnics, more spontaneous adventures. I believe it is something magical. Everyone is instantly happier.

They don’t have to carry around a big coat everywhere they go. The Starbucks refreshers become the favorite drinks rather than a hot cup of coffee.

Spring also means that things are coming to an end. It is when the seniors in high school try their hardest to make the most of their senior year. It is when they try to reach out to those who they are not close with.

It is when I realize that my first year of college is coming to an end. I only have a month and two days left of my freshman year. It does something to you, emotionally and mentally. It makes you want to work harder, despite the fact that you’ve been working your ass off since August.

It makes you think, “just one more month and it’s over. You can take a break when everything is done,” even though you felt like you couldn’t do anything more the day before.

Maybe these are spring things that only I experience but I hope there are those who read this and try to experience the same.