Boys Take Notes, These Are the 14 Winter Dates That Your Girlfriend Wants You To Take Her On
relationships

You can thank me later.

2612
Gabriella Barcinas

Spring dates, check. Summer dates, check. Fall dates, check. Winter dates? I've got you covered.

Wintertime means Christmas songs on blast, the smell of hot chocolate, big chunky sweaters, and of course the freezing cold.

Just because it is cold though doesn't mean that you can't have any fun and creative dates. There are still plenty of things that you can plan for you and your boo to do during this chilly season.

That being said, here are 14 winter date ideas that your girlfriend wants you to take her on.

1. Ice skating 

This one is a given.

It allows you to open up and do something that neither of you may have done before.

It may seem a bit challenging at first, but girls love a guy who is open to trying new things.

Plus, you can get some good laughs out of it, along with a couple hours of one on one fun with your significant other.

2. Have a bonfire with s’mores 

This can be a super fun one whether you guys choose to do it alone, or if you choose to have a handful of friends/family over for it.

You can set up a table with some hot chocolate or hot apple cider, which every one you prefer and maybe even some sweets. Then you can make some s'mores and cuddle around the campfire in piles of blanket.

3. Spend the day at the movies

Movies

Go see not one, but multiple movies! Grab some popcorn and candy and go see movies back to back to back.

This is a fun way to do something you may not usually do and also a good way to get your moneys worth from those overpriced movie tickets.

This also is a good thing to do if you or your significant other has been super busy lately because it will give you both just a day to settle down and spend time together while doing something entertaining. Plus, this is perfect for a rainy day!

4. Go holiday shopping together 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnfvEWQDLr2/

This can be a super fun idea for you and your significant other because you can get your holiday gift shopping done together, while getting to spend some time walking around and talking.

Plus, you can see if anything their catches their eye for ideas on what to get them!

5. Play a board game 

Chess

This may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it is a nice change from movies and video games.

It will give you an opportunity to be competitive but to also have some fun that you might not usually have.

Chess can be a good two-person game, as well as some card games!

6. Bake some cookies together 

Cookies

This may not seem like the manliest thing but it involves cookies so trust me, it is fun.

You can have fun getting the ingredients and then making them!

If you both aren't the best at baking then it could be a run trial and error experiment! Or if you are veteran bakers then try making your own recipe!

7. While your at it, just cook a whole big meal together 

Cooking

OK, this can be a great idea because you guys get food and to take some time out of you're evening to make it together!

You can be as creative as you want with this. Make a big feast with both of your favorite foods if you want!

You can even put on a movie or TV show while the food is cooking.

8. Binge watch your favorite TV series all day 

Black Mirror

Speaking of TV… who doesn't love binge watching a series?

Grab some blankets, some popcorn, and you boo and put of your favorite TV show to have a nice and relaxing day.

This is not only free, if you have a Netflix or Hulu subscription of course, but it also provides hours of entertainment.

9. Exchange books 

Books

Again, this may not be everyone's forte, but if you enjoy reading this can be a really fun activity.

Whether you both go out and buy each other new books that you think each other would enjoy or if you exchange your all time favorite book, it can be fun!

This is nice because then you can cozy up next to each other by the fire and read your books.

10. Watch some Christmas movies together with some hot chocolate 

Movies

This one is another fun festive idea!

Pick out your favorite Christmas movies and watch them with some hot coco in hand.

11. Go to a hockey game

Hockey game

While it may be on the pricier side for tickets, it is a worthwhile thing to do if it is something you both enjoy.

Just make sure to dress warm!

12. Look at Christmas lights 

Lights

For this one you can either go to a place that has Christmas lights set up and walk/drive around there or you can just drive around your town and see the lights there.

Some cities actually have lists of the best houses to go look at, so that could always be something worth looking into.

Either way, driving around town looking at lights and listening to Christmas music is a great festive date.

13. Plan a ski trip 

Ski trip

This one is probably the most expensive on the list, but if you have the money and a weekend off, then this could be a trip to remember!

Especially if you live near the mountains, then this could be a great idea. You could even plan it as a surprise!

14. Buy a Christmas tree together

Christmas tree

Even if you guys are still living in dorms you can still get one of those little plastic trees that they sell at Target.

The fun in this is that you not only get to go out and choose one, but you also get to decorate it together!