Suck It Up And Take A Winter Class

Suck It Up And Take A Winter Class

Taking a winter class isn't all as bad as it seems.
37

Winter is soon approaching. Sure, this semester is ending and the holidays are coming up and we will want to do anything but study. But once the holidays pass, a lot of us will be back in school taking a winter class, doing what we should be doing.

It is going to be tedious and a lot of us aren’t going to want to suck it up and do it, but sometimes we have to just do it. Basically, a lot of us want to graduate on time—or even early—so this is really the best option that we have. Plus, at least in my experience, winter classes are typically easier because, yeah, it is a lot of work in a short amount of time, but it is also easier in the sense that you are focused on just one topic and working towards that goal.

In that sense, it becomes a challenge for some; although, at least it is over in three weeks! You will be in school mode when school starts again as well, which is always good since you will still have a focus and drive.

Sometimes, it is just the right and responsible thing to do.

Yes, who wants to take more classes than they have to in a year? A lot of people seem to think that it's just too much work, but it wouldn't exist if it were impossible.

Winter classes always help people to graduate on time—which is the real goal in college. Plus, you and the professor understand that it's winter, you don't have a lot of time to do the work, and you are working as hard as you possibly can in this short amount of time to understand their class. Three weeks of suffering versus a semester worth of suffering; that's how I look at it. Especially if it is a class I don't really want to take or even if it is a class that I'd like; at least I get to fully focus on it for a few weeks.

What I'm trying to say is that if you needed a word of encouragement to take a winter class, well, here I am. It might be pricey and take a toll on your wallet, but it will be worth it in the end, because instead of taking 18 credits your last semester, you could be taking a doable 15. This is what it really comes down to, right? If you can afford it, definitely do it.

Suck it up, buttercup. Get that work done. And you'll have three credits in three weeks totally worth it!