Winter Break as Told by Sponge Bob

Winter Break as Told by Sponge Bob

The thoughts of a college student during winter break.

50
Winter Break as Told by Sponge Bob
YTV

If you haven't caught on yet, I'm obsessed with Sponge Bob (maybe a little more than I should be) but it's a classic and I can't help myself. Looking back on the episodes that I used to watch purely for the comedy aspect, I now rewatch them and realize how much I relate to these things as a college student.

1) Being so excited to go home and just do nothing

Once you finish your last final and the reality of going home really hits, you can't be more excited. The idea of doing absolutely nothing for a good 3 weeks to a month sounds like heaven, especially after that ridiculous semester you just survived.

2) Coming home to real food since you've either been starving because of having no meal plan or starving because of the meal plan

You're finally home, and it's time to eat all the foods you've been missing out on since you were at school. Personally, I don't have a large meal plan because I live in an apartment off campus, so there are definitely going to be days where you just aren't getting enough food. If you do have a meal plan, the cafeteria seems like the best thing ever. Food that's already prepared for you, and a choice of different things. Unfortunately, that gets old real quick.

3) Seeing your friends you haven't seen in months

"F" is for friends who do stuff together is spot on. You come home and want to do anything and everything with all your friends from high school or catch up with old teammates from club sports or other activities you participated in during your high school years. It's great to catch up with everyone and update everyone on your life over the past few months.

4) Endless sleep

The most important thing, sleep. The best part is you can sleep at any time of the day and you most likely oversleep and miss anything or waste valuable time that you should've used to do homework or study.

5) Catching up on every show you missed during the busy semester

Okay so it seems like when you get home you suddenly realize all the shows you've been missing out on while you were at school. Of course, you were watching Netflix at some points during the semester, but it's time to catch up on the things that aren't on Netflix.

6) Neglecting all responsibilities because you don't have any

Literally, being able to do nothing and not feel the slightest bit of guilt is probably the most relaxing feeling anyone on break from school could ever have. Go ahead, and neglect those non-existent responsibilities!

7) Eventually getting really bored

So, you've been on break for about a week now, and the novelty of being home and doing nothing has kind of worn off. You miss the hustle and bustle of college life, and you start realizing that home boredom is way worse than college boredom.

8) You start missing your friends back at school

Alright, break was all fun and games, but lets be real, we can't wait to be back at school just so we can see our college friends again. The thought of just being able to call someone up and walk right down the street to hang out is so much better than having to get in the car to go hang out with someone.

9) You realize break is coming to an end...

You have thought about missing your college friends, and being really bored and you want to go back, but you know what that means...school. You begin to think about all the books you're going to need, and the amount of classes you have next semester. You start stressing out before you're even back on campus.

10) You're back on campus, and fun time is over, it's go time

The time has come, you're back on campus and contrary to Sponge Bob's face, you aren't necessarily excited to be back in school, but you know that it's go time. It's a new year, and the next semester has started. It's time to finish the year off strong.