The Best Winter Break Activities For The Young And Restless

6 weeks of winter break? You can bet I'll need something fun to do.

6
Hotel-R

If you are like me, you can't wait for Winter Break. Four to six weeks of no classes, no homework, and no work for me (I work on my school's campus in the Library and we will be closed for Winter Break). Of course, there's lots of holiday shopping and Christmas preparation to expect, but I am also hoping to plan some fun activities into my calendar this December.

Feel free to borrow some of these fun ideas for Winter Break:

Take a road trip!

Me and some girlfriends are planning a weekend road trip to Vancouver, Canada this January. This is a fun and fairly cheap mini vacation, and a chance to explore a new place while making memories with friends!

Bake, bake, bake, and bake some more!

I love to bake treats and goodies in extraneous amounts. If you're like me, your counters are filled to the max with cheesecake bites, brownies and cupcakes, and other tarts and pastries. It' s fun to bring trays of goodies to parties, or even just paper plates of treats to neighbors and friends. I've found that no one turns down a plate of homemade treats.

Hiking!

Although it is extremely cold in the Pacific Northwest this time of year, hiking and nature walks are crisp yet beautiful. Take the morning or afternoon and dedicate it to a hike or walk and I'm sure you won't regret it. I in no way define myself as a nature or outdoorsy person, but even I can enjoy a short hike now and then.

Movie nights with friends!

If I'm not in class, nor are my classmates. Christmas movies are best watched in marathons with popcorn and hot chocolate, invite friends and family members for a comfy night filled with laughs and movie entertainment.

Do some crafts!

Even if you are not an "artsy" person, try to google some easy crafts. Maybe you can decorate your house, dorm room, or dining room table with some fun and festive conversation pieces for this holiday season!

Ice Skating!

Never tried it? It's not as difficult as it sounds! Super fun, super festive, and a relatively cheap afternoon activity for you and some friends!

Concerts, plays, and musicals!

If you have the opportunity to attend a local concert, play, or musical, I would definitely recommend it! I've heard The Nutcracker is amazing!