Video games to binge play this winter

5 Video Games To Play In-Between Family Festivities This Winter

Forget the cranberry sauce and hot chocolate, pass the controller!

162
https://unsplash.com/photos/ugjPgy2BQug

You guys thought I was going to say Space Invader, didn't you? Just kidding! ;)

It's that time of the year again! Most people are finally using their remaining vacation days or enjoying winter break to get in some much needed time to relax and bond with family around the holidays. But others are itching to get in some game time after working hard all year! You've come to the right place for a list of games to play on your favorite console, especially if you ache for an interactive, attention-grabbing gaming experience!

1. Persona 5

Giphy.com

This role-playing video game can be found on PS4 and will take its player on an unforgettable, visually stunning journey. With cut scenes that look like a professional, high-budget anime, this game allows the player to choose their response and decide if they want to take the morally high road or be a more mischievous character.

Featuring high school students with unique abilities facing a plethora of internal and external conflicts, this game is hard to put down as the minutes quickly tick to hours in what feels like seconds as the story unfolds!

2. Horizon Zero Dawn 

Giphy.com

Creators of Killzone bring this exhilarating role-playing action game to the table, which has won an impressive number of awards for its unique gameplay. Set in an unfamiliar looking post-apocalyptic world overrun with dangerous mechanical creatures who threaten humanity's existence, the game focuses on developing the main character, Aloy's hunting skills and mastering her stealthy maneuvers to defend what's left of various civilizations.

The game also allows for level-up customization skills and offers an edge-of-your-seat thrill around every corner. Perfect for the exuberant gamer searching for a new gaming experience.

3. Red Dead Redemption 2

Aminoapps.com

Longing to saddle up your trusty steed and draw your darn-tootin' gun in the ultimate badass cowboy showdown? If you answered yes, then the highly anticipated Red Dead Redemption 2 is exactly what you need to play to fuel that desire for an unforgettable escapade.

This game is complete with easter eggs for eager fans, ruthless outlaws, and a realistic wild, wild west setting that will feel like Grand Theft Auto relocated. So grab your hats and strap in for an untamed ride you don't want to miss.

4. Marvel's Spider-Man

Giphy.com

What better way to honor Stan Lee than by delving into the complex world of his favorite character, Spider-Man? Peter Parker's secret life is explored in an authentic gameplay that allows players to experiment with spirited acrobatics, improvisational combat, and an epic, action-packed storyline. Fighting crime in the Big Apple has never been so beautiful or fun before!

Be sure to check out the photo mode, which gives players the chance to channel their inner photojournalist just like Peter Parker to create one-of-a-kind snapshots of scenes.

5. God Of War

Giphy.com

Fans of the 'God of War' franchise can be heard rejoicing around the world when, after nearly five years, we finally get the follow up with the infamous Kratos. This time we get a look at a gentler, seasoned man who has learned quite a few tricks since we saw him last. One of which includes wielding a brand new, magical axe that acts as a boomerang upon command. Not to mention the fact he has a cheeky archer son who is ready to battle alongside his fearless father as they face harpies, new gods, and tell ancient stories about Odin and other Norse mythology.

Even if you haven't played the previous GoW games (which you should) this one is sure to be a winner for gamers who enjoy an intricate story and fighting-based action.

I know I'll be racing home after Thanksgiving dinner to plop down in my favorite reclining chair with a steaming cup of spiced apple cider to find myself transported to the mystical worlds of endless imaginative opportunities this season. Hopefully, this list will inspire you to make time to nurture that creative gaming bone that has been yearning for a new adventure or two!