I have been obsessed with Winnie the Pooh for as long as I can remember. My obsession even earned me the nickname "Pooh" with my parents.
Pooh Bear didn't know what was hitting him when I visited Disney World as a child; he wasn't prepared for 2-year-old me to wrap my little arms around his neck and not ever let go.
I wasn't obsessed with him for his wise quotes or sweet sense of humor. I just thought he was a cute, cuddly bear with funny friends. Fast forward 17 years and I now realize Pooh Bear has some pretty smart stuff to say.
1. "You don't spell [love]…you feel it."Giphy
2. “Some people care too much. I think it’s called love.”Giphy
3. “I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart for so long. If we’re in each other’s dreams, we can be together all the time.”Giphy
4. *Piglet asks, "We’ll be Friends Forever, won’t we, Pooh?"* "Even longer."Giphy
5. “You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”Giphy
6. "Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart."Giphy
7. “You can’t stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.”Giphy
8. “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”Giphy
9. “Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.”Giphy
10. “It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn’t use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like, “What about lunch?”Giphy
11. “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”Giphy
12. “A day without a friend is like a pot without a single drop of honey left inside.”Giphy
I hope Winnie the Pooh has managed to inspire you by the end of this article. Here's to more wise Winnie the Pooh quotes after his movie comes out this August!