Will The 55+ Real Estate Market Settle Down in Florida?

With 2021 behind us it seems like a whirlwind, even though more homes were sold in Florida during 2021, than in the past couple of years’ worth.

51

With 2021 behind us it seems like a whirlwind, even though more homes were sold in Florida during 2021, than in the past couple of years’ worth. Many people decided to sell homes they own in other states for large profits, benefiting like many sellers on the nationwide housing boom, and move to sunny south Florida to enjoy the endless sunshine and laid-back lifestyle.

The fastest-growing sector within Florida buyers are retirees who are looking to buy them forever home. That means they want certain things that will support that, and the low tax situation Florida has is amongst the strongest reasons. Others include living within 55+ communities that offer a plethora of things to do in retirement.

To answer this call, many well-known, new construction home builders, have been purchasing huge plots of land, in desirable zip codes, to build magnificent 55+ neighborhoods. Some offer championship golf courses, others provide state-of-the-art fitness centers, with professional massage centers, saunas, hot tubs, and more.

Why don’t we take a closer look into what the 55+ housing market looks like for Florida in 2022…?

What are 55+ Neighborhoods, Exactly?

Basically, 55+ neighborhoods are those that only allow residents and homeowners, to be over the age of 55 and most residents tend to be near, or in retirement. Some places do allow a few people to live within their communities, that are under 55, but not many.

Some are simply for those of age and provide a serene environment to spend your days. Neighbors usually know each other and there is a sense of community you will feel if you move in.

Other 55+ neighborhoods provide over-the-top amenities and focus on luxury during retirement. They might have fitness centers, swimming pools, walking trails, fire pits, BBQ grills, and more.

Many focus on championship golf and the homes are set directly on the course, at great locations like keyholes throughout the course.

There are even waterfront retirement villages that provide boat dockage, ocean access, and full-service marinas. In Florida, these waterfront homes can cost millions of dollars depending on where they are located and the condition, they are in.

How to Find 55+ Homes for Sale?

Obviously, you can check the local Multiple Listing Service (MLS) where all the real estate gets listed for sale by realtors. Additionally, there are many new construction homebuilders in the sunshine state with gorgeous 55+ homes within newly built communities.

In 2022 there aren’t many real estate listings available anymore. The fast-paced housing market brought too many buyers to market last year. In fact, new homes can be delayed for up to 12 months or more.

The best way to ensure that you can find the perfect house is by being prepared before entering the market. This entails many things and will depend on your personal situation.

For example:

• If you are moving from another state contact a TOP, local, realtor beforehand, so that you can get your finger on the housing market pulse wherever you are interested in living.
  • Make sure your finances are in order. If you are paying cash there isn’t much you need to do except, make sure that your funds are verifiable, and ready to send to the seller at closing.
  • If you’re financing and need to obtain a mortgage, make sure that you are preapproved before you send any offers to a seller. Not pre-qualified, make sure you have gone deep into the process with your broker.
  • They must check your income, credit, and other important things before you become preapproved, which is much stronger than sellers who don’t want problems once they accept an offer and go to contract.

When you follow these steps, then you are going to drastically increase the odds of getting the house you want.

Conclusion to This All

Hopefully, you can see that the housing market will continue to increase and grow with all the new buyers looking to move to the sunshine state, to live the Florida lifestyle. If you intend to do the same, make sure you are prepared so that you aren’t disappointed when you try to buy a house you adore.

Once you are done with this process you can kick back, and truly enjoy all the fun in the sun, that Florida is known for. It is no wonder people are moving here like never before, in history.