Will 2017 Be My Year?

Will 2017 Be My Year?

I'm hopefully optimistic that it will be great.

16
Will 2017 Be My Year?
LiveNation

Now that 2016 has officially come to a close, we can move on to 2017. After the great dumpster fire that was last year, I'm hopeful that 2017 will be the year that all of us need. There are so many good things coming our way in 2017 that, hopefully, it will turn out to be a good year. It would be difficult for things to go worse than they did in 2016, after all, and that's all I'm asking for.

This year there is so much for everyone to look forward to. Tons of great movies are coming out, so many great artists are going on tour, and shows will be coming back from hiatus super soon. I personally can't wait to see Panic! At the Disco in Columbus on their first ever stadium tour, and so many great movies are coming out that I couldn't begin to name all of the ones that I'm excited to see.

I'm also looking at a good year on a more personal level. I'm going to see Hamilton in Chicago at the end of January, and I absolutely can't wait. It might not be Broadway, but it's still going to absolutely phenomenal, especially with Karen Olivo as a member of the cast. I've been waiting to see this show for over a year, so I can't believe that it's almost here.

This year will also (hopefully) be the year that I am able to officially move out of my parents' house. I'm hoping to get an apartment for the summer and next school year so that I can stop living on campus and really start to experience life and everything college really has to offer.

Finally, I'm really hoping that I'll be able to find an internship in my field for this summer. I want to go into editing and publishing, so I'm planning to apply for internships in New York City so that I can really begin to experience my dream career. As much as I love writing and editing for Odyssey, it'll be exciting to experience the office setting of the job.

While I can't guarantee that 2017 will be my year, I'm hopefully optimistic that it will be. I really think that I have enough going for this year that I can make it mine, even if it isn't the best year overall. I'm excited to see what this year holds, but I won't know until I experience it.