Why Your Dog Is The Perfect Date For Valentine's Day

As told by a single girl who is in love with her dogs.
83

My least favorite day of the year is quickly approaching, Valentine's Day. Am I a bitter single girl who hates Valentine's Day? Possibly. Do I hate Valentine's Day because I hate seeing happy couples while I'm eating chocolate alone? Pretty much. However, this year I gained a new perspective on my least favorite day of the year. Instead of feeling sorry for myself, I need to take advantage of the perfect man who is standing right in front of me. This perfect man happens to be my dog. Here are some reasons why your dog is the perfect date for Valentine's Day.

1. They're always excited to see you.

Dogs make for a great V Day date because they're always happy when you come home. I mean, what's better than coming home to an excited, happy dog?

2. You don't have to get them a present.

Let's be honest, saving money is the best. All you have to give your dog as a gift for Valentine's Day is love and a belly rub.

3. There are no expectations for romantic gestures.

You don't expect red roses or a cheesy card from your dogs, but you can expect tons of puppy kisses.

4. They won't judge you if you cry while watching romcoms.

You can show your true emotions to your dog when watching "The Notebook" and sobbing uncontrollably. Also, they will more than likely comfort you when you're upset, and how perfect is that?

5. You can cuddle as much as you want.

You never have to worry about having someone to cuddle with when your dog is around. Also, their fluffiness is perfect for cuddling and petting.

6. You don't have to put on makeup and you can wear sweats in front of them.

Who wants to get all dolled up when you can be in sweats and chilling with your dog?

7. You can eat all of the chocolate since it is toxic for dogs.

You won't have to worry about someone stealing your chocolates and you can eat as many as you want, which is perfection!

8. You won't have to worry about making dinner reservations.

What's better than ordering pizza in and hanging out with your dog? Nothing.

9. You don't have to worry about them breaking up with you.

You know that this Valentine will always be your Valentine and your one true love.

10. They will let you do all the talking.

Since dogs are the best listeners, you can pour your heart out to them without having to worry about them interrupting or judging you.

11. They will be happy and you'll never fight with them.

You never have to worry about your dog being in a bad mood or getting mad at you at the end of the day. Dogs make for perfect companionship with their sweetness and loyalty.

12. They will be the cutest and sweetest date you've ever had.

You know your dog is the cutest dog in the world and you can always count on them to make your day better.

13. They will keep you entertained.

You won't have to worry getting bored when your dog will always be up for a game of fetch!

14. They will love you no matter what.