Why Your Brother Is Your Best Friend

Why Your Brother Is Your Best Friend

52
Why Your Brother Is Your Best Friend

If you would have asked me years ago who I considered to be my best friend, I would never have said my brother, because that's just weird, right? Growing up with my brother, I never would have thought we would be as close as we are now. Why would I ever like the person who gave me a bloody nose for accidentally unplugging his video game, or who sprained my ankle trying to bounce me on the trampoline too high? It was a constant wrestling match between my brother and I, and unfortunately I was always the one running back to mommy crying about it. My relationship with my brother wasn't the sweetest when we were younger, but as we've gotten older, I've come to realize my brother has been my best friend all along.

1. He was the one to come up with fun stuff to do when y'all were bored

Like building bunk beds to make more room for activities.

2. You had someone to blame stuff on.

"Mom, your son broke the window again!"

3. He was the one to come up with all the cool (and sometimes gross) lunch combinations.

Like spaghetti tacos.

4. He always had your back.

Like when the neighborhood bully was picking on you, your brother was always there to deliver him a good ole fashioned Sharkeisha.

5. He was always there to offer moral support no matter what the situation was...

Or just because it was a something he could benefit from.

6. There were always arguments about who the favorite child was...

But deep down he always knew it was you.

7. There were those moments y'all would finally agree on something...

which were very rare moments.

8. No matter what, he has to love you...

Because, well, you're family and there's nothing he can do about it.