Why You’ll Miss College When You Go Home For Thanksgiving

Because now you have a second home to look forward to going back to after break.

12

As Thanksgiving break approaches, every college student across the country begins counting down the days—counting down the days until they reunite with their best friends, until they get to hug their pet, until they can eat their mom’s cooking, until they get to be in their own beds in their own home. But, amidst all of the excitement of going home, there’s no doubt that you’re going to miss school for one of your first real times going back home.

Specific to Tulane: New Orleans Weather

Nothing compares to being able to walk outside in jeans and a t-shirt in the middle of November, and going back to the northeast is going to be a shock. To anyone going back home to warmer weather, take advantage of it!

The Food

Honestly, homemade Thanksgiving meals are nice, but does any food really compare to New Orleans food?

Ubering Everywhere

You might have missed your car, but you definitely didn’t miss the convenience of not having to actually drive yourself anywhere while at school.

Not Having a Curfew

When you go home from school, it’s no surprise that your family is going to want to spend every waking moment with you, so they might reinstall your high school curfew. You might not miss how tired you were, but you’ll definitely miss the freedom.

Your Roommate

While going back to your own room is nice, there’s a certain comfort that comes with knowing your roommate will be there to keep you company in between classes and at the end of the day.

College Friends

A good night in with your friends definitely outweighs a wild night out. Seeing your home friends for what might be the first time since August is obviously going to be the best, but we’re all secretly dreading the feeling of missing our new college friends.

Don’t worry, before you know it, you’ll be back at school! But, make the most of your time at home, because squeezing all of the comforts of home into five days isn’t going to be easy.