Why You Should Take the Myers-Briggs Personality Test

The results are scary accurate.

1032
Myers Briggs

I recently took the Myers-Briggs personality test, where you answer questions regarding your belief system and how you act in certain situations, while the test groups them into four categories. The first category states whether you are Extroverted versus Introverted, the second states whether you are a Sensor vs Intuitive, the third states whether you are a Thinker versus a Feeler, and the fourth states whether you are a Judger or Perceiver.

Here is a better breakdown of what these mean.

1. Extroverted

You are energized by people, enjoy a variety of tasks, a quick pace, and are good at multitasking.

2. Introverted

You often like working alone or in small groups, prefer a more deliberate pace, and like to focus on one task at a time.

3. Sensor

You are a real person who likes to focus on the facts and details, and apply common sense and past experiences to come up with practical solutions to problems.

4. Intuitive

You prefer to focus on possibilities and the big picture, easily see patterns, value innovation, and seek creative solutions to problems.

5. Thinker

You tend to make decisions using logical analysis, objectively weigh pros and cons, and value honesty, consistency, and fairness.

6. Feeler

You tend to be sensitive and cooperative, and decides based on your own personal values and how others will be affected by their actions.

7. Judger

You tend to be organized and prepared, like to make and stick to plans, and are comfortable following most rules.

8. Perceiver

You prefer to keep your options open, like to be able to act spontaneously, and like to be flexible with making plans.

For myself, I am an ENFP. This means that I am an Extrovert, Intuitive, Feeler, and Perceiver. Here are some characteristics of my personality type that are so accurate that it is scary:

• You are a natural born leader, but do not like to control people
  • When under stress, you become overwhelmed and shut down, this is characterized by refusing to socialize, a marked reduction in activities, and unusual silence. You become grumpy and insist that you are “just tired”.
  • You look for the bright side in every situation
  • You are an emotional, caring person, but tend to snap and aren’t always nice when you’ve kept your emotion bottled up for too long.
  • You dream big about everything and hold yourself to high standards.
  • You hold onto things, figuratively and literally, meaning you are the living embodiment of “forgive but don’t forget”. It’s hard to regain trust, making you apprehensive to new situations if there has been a bad outcome before.
  • You don’t actually wear your heart on your sleeve because you are a mix of super private and an open book
  • You have a habit of overanalyzing other people’s behavior that can lead to unnecessary anger and conflict.
  • You are a free spirit, crave emotional connections, look for deeper meaning, independent, and view life as a big and complex puzzle where emotion, compassion, and mysticism connect all.
  • An important side of your personality is that you are a stereotypical happy-go-lucky child spirit, but have a severe and serious sided adult spirit who is too aware of the bad things in the world, making this side dark, brooding, frustrated, and passionate.
  • You want to experience everything in the world, meaning that changes in career paths are very common and happen often.

My family members and close friends will know that all these traits are very accurate about my personality and how I view the world. If you wish to find out what your Myers-Briggs personality is, be sure to click on the link below.

Myers-Briggs Test