Why You Should "Date-to-Marry" a Sorority Girl

234

Some guys may quickly discount sorority girls as being too ditzy to be in a lasting relationship with. This is the unfortunate reputation that sorority girls are generally stuck with.

In reality, sorority girls are some of the smartest and most caring people out there. Being a part of Greek life means many opportunities for members to engage in their communities, be leaders and hold each other accountable. Sorority girls are strong, driven and really just great people to be around. 

This is why guys should consider taking their relationships with sorority girls past the formal-date stage:

1. Sorority girls are caring. Sorority girls know all about friendship and being there for their sisters. These girls genuinely care about one another and try to bring out the best in each other and help their sisters out in all possible ways. Sorority girls invest in each other, leading to strong and meaningful friendships and relationships.

2. Sorority girls are philanthropic. After spending four years investing in their sorority’s philanthropy, sorority girls are no strangers to giving back. They spend hours each semester doing volunteer work, and are all about charity and supporting good causes in efforts to help people.

3. Sorority girls will have Pinterest-perfect weddings and homes. With all of the pins she has been collecting since high school, you can place a pretty strong bet on the fact that she already has her dream wedding all planned out, down to which lipstick color will best complement her bouquet. She also, of course, has each detail of her future home mapped out. There’s no telling how much these things will cost, but they are guaranteed to be fabulous.

4. Sorority girls are leaders. Sororities teach girls leadership in many areas: on campus, in the sorority and more. This prepares them to be leaders in their future relationships and in their professional careers, and it also helps them to become confident in their leadership abilities.

5. Sorority girls are smart. Despite what the stereotypes may say, sorority girls actually do have working brain cells living under their perfectly highlighted hair. Sororities have a required minimum GPA and often require, or encourage, the girls to log study hours. Scholarship is one of the ideals that sororities were founded upon. Sandra Day O’Connor and Condoleezza Rice, both outstanding sorority women, are only two out of countless sorority women that are some of the smartest people in our world today.

6. Sorority girls are baking and crafting champions. With all the baking practice they get during Big-Little week, most sorority girls know their way around a kitchen. Cute Pinterest-inspired crafts will also end up around their future houses, along with those yummy cookie dough brownies and s’mores cupcakes.

7. Sorority girls know how to dress. After four years of formals and semi-formals, sorority girls know how to make themselves look good and are pros at applying makeup and styling hair. For this reason, sorority girls exude confidence in themselves. What guy wouldn’t want a pretty, confident girl by his side? Kate Spade and Tory Burch, both sorority women, are undeniably leaders in the fashion design world.