Why You Should Always Have Adventures

Why You Should Always Have Adventures

Because making time for the good times is easier said than done.

9
Why You Should Always Have Adventures
unsplash.com

College is a busy time. There's always a paper due, a reading assignment, a test to study for, etc. Half of the time we don't even have time to sleep because of all the things we need to do. We will always feel like we don't have enough time for the things we love. But if there is one thing you should always leave time for, it's adventures.

I go on an adventure with my roommate at least once every week. Believe me, it's not because I'm not busy. I'm four weeks into my junior year of college and I'm already on the verge of a mental breakdown. However, the one thing that keeps me sane is being able to blow off some steam by going out with my friends.

Now when I say, "going out with some friends" I don't mean doing anything crazy. I mean going for a long drive and finding a waterfall to photograph. Or going to explore downtown Lexington and hunting down a new coffee shop. As small as these "adventures" may seem, they are vitally important to life.

During college, there are so many things to worry about. Stress isn't anything new to us and it's not something that will go away. So leaving time to do the little things you enjoy is important. You go to college to get an education, but that doesn't mean you should neglect the experiences it offers or the memories you can make.

I take my college education very seriously. Sometimes to the point of tears because it seems impossible for me to make the grades I want or finish the projects I need to do. Thankfully I have been blessed with a roommate who understands the importance of living life to the fullest. She's the one who keeps me sane by taking me on random adventures. She knows that sometimes the healthiest thing for me to do is to take my mind off of the stress of school.

So while it's important that you try your best in school, it's equally important for you to take those mental breaks and just enjoy life. Go for a drive, a swim, a walk, anything to get you out of your dorm and out of your head. Don't be irresponsible, make sure you say no when you need to stay home and get work done. Don't be irresponsible or do anything dangerous when you're out adventuring; but make time for those little moments of joy.

I know this is just another random article from a random writer on the Odyssey website. I know that it's easier to say take time for yourself than it is to actually do it. I know that no matter what, stress will be an ever present factor in your life. But if there's one thing you should take away from this article, it's this: make time for the good times. Trust me, you'll be glad you did it.