Why You Should ABSOLUTELY NOT Vote for Kanye West
News

The saying is God Bless America...apparently Yeezus thought that meant him.

143

I'm sure by now you've heard the political news that's spreading like wildfire: Kanye West is allegedly running for president. In a recent tweet, West revealed that he was going to run for the United States' top spot under his campaign #2020vision. At first glance, Kanye's tweet just sounds like another wild piece of the absurd puzzle that is the year 2020, but it goes much deeper than that. Since his promise of candidacy, Yeezy fans have defended his idea to run for president, even to the point of trending hashtags such as #YeezyforPresident and making posts encouraging his actions. While some people are doing this on a purely ironical basis, others do genuinely support West's run. Below, I will list some of the reasons that, if Kanye is genuinely running, you should definitely NOT vote for him as well as why you should, conversely, vote for Joe Biden:

He Hasn't Even Registered

Even if Kanye West is serious about running for president--which is doubtful--he's certainly moving slow. He only announced himself as a candidate a few days ago and has not seemed to have filled out the paperwork necessary to run. If he does become a candidate, I'm sure you'd rather vote for someone who works more effectively and with more punctuality than West is working with right now.

He Lacks a Political Background

Kanye West only developed an interest in politics in 2015 when he got into close cahoots with Donald Trump (which is another issue in and of itself). He has never held a political position, doesn't have a political degree, and he even has some legal issues (though someone's past shouldn't always be held against them, it is worth noting). West's biggest interests have always been music and fashion: he has never showed a true compassion or talent for politics.

He Has a Massive Superiority Complex

Kanye "I just told you who I thought I was...A God" West has always had somewhat of an overconfident nature, to say the least. From invading the stage during Taylor Swift's speech at the 2007 VMA's to him calling himself Yeezus, it is clear that the rapper is a bit of a narcissist. Do we really need two narcissists in office back to back?

He Has...Questionable Values

Kanye West is a controversial figure in the media and not without good reason. Some of his most controversial moments being wearing Trump's MAGA hat, stating that "slavery is a choice," and seemingly defending Bill Cosby during his sexual assault trial. Politics in the United States has already became somewhat more of a media circus than anything lately: Kanye West is going to increase this tenfold.

Voting for Kanye Means a More Likely Win for Trump

Even if none of my above points have convinced you that Kanye is a bad presidential candidate, I'm certain that most of us don't want Donald Trump--who shows little regard for COVID-19 victims, discriminates against people of color, women, and the LGBT, and is overall ignorant, underqualified, and an embarrassment--for another four years.

Biden is More Qualified

Instead of voting for Kanye West, or worse, Donald Trump, your vote should go to Joe Biden. Joe Biden has a law degree from Syracuse and has been in the senate for nearly fifty years. He served as Vice President for eight years under the Obama administration. Some of Biden's campaign promises include reversing climate change, healing the nation from the COVID-19 pandemic, and giving people affordable health care. Biden isn't perfect, but he certainly is better than Kanye West or Donald Trump.

At the end of the day, who you vote for is up to you. I only urge you to think about your values before voting and, if you do vote for Kanye, let it be because you agree with his politics and not because you liked My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.