10 Reasons You Don't Want To Say Bye To Your Roomie

Leaving your roomie means you have to become your own person, who wants to do that?

26

It’s the end of the semester and you and your roomie are starting to move your things out. This is one of the hardest things yall have to go through. You each are cleaning out your side of the room and reminiscing on the great year you have had. Tears might be shed but you will forever know that you have a best friend on speed dial, no matter if you live together or not.

1. You won’t have two closets anymore.

Sharing clothes is a staple in your relationship. You will get so close that you don’t even ask if you can wear some of their clothes, you just take them. Each of you says that you have nothing to wear just so you can go into the other one’s closet.This is the time in the semester where you now trade clothes because you each have fallen in love with each other’s clothes. Trading clothes also gives you a keepsake from your roomie.

2. You won’t have a companion for fast food runs.

Studying all night and all of a sudden craving Cookout, who else would go with you other than your roomie? These are the times that you and your roomie laugh, sing your lungs out and stuff your face with a tray full of food and a milkshake because we are college kids and can do whatever we want. Not having this time with your roomie anymore means that you’ll forever be stuck eating healthy food late in the night which isn’t any fun.

3. You will have to do laundry alone.

Doing laundry in a dorm room is one of the most dreaded things that occur. Each of you waits until you’re pretty much out of underwear to do laundry. So now both of you are stuck doing 3 loads of laundry each and wonder why you continually do this. These are the times that we come back to the room and jam to music since there is an hour left for our laundry. There also might be a chance that we eat during this time too.

4. You won’t have someone to help you clean.

Vacuuming your carpet, washing your dishes and cleaning the dishes are things that you and your roomie split so you aren't stuck doing everything by yourself. Now, each of you has to do all this by yourself. You each now will realize what it means to clean an entire place by yourself, which is scary.

5. You won’t have a makeup artist anymore.

Being too lazy to do your own makeup is a recurring event in this day in age. Most of the time mascara is considered the elite makeup since that’s all we have time to put on. Having a roomie means that now you have your own makeup artist. She can try these new eyeshadow tricks that you’ve seen on Pinterest or she can just make you look presentable. She turns you from a 1 to a 10 and you just had to sit there and be patient. Now you will pretty much look ugly every day.

6. You won’t have two refrigerators.

Having two fridges means that you can have double the food right? Yes. Having two fridges is like having double the amount of happiness. Went a little crazy at Walmart? Well, let’s just stick it in roomies fridge. There are no rules on what can and cannot go in the fridge, just as long as it fits in either one. Now you’re going to starve because you won’t have double the food.

7. You won’t have a hair stylist anymore.

Lazy is an understatement in college. But with a roomie, she can do your hair for you. Want to suddenly change your hair color? Why would you pay for someone to do it when you can just have your roomie do it. You trust her with your life anyway. Now you have to come out with this weird hairstyle because you colored your own hair.

8. You won’t have your own Tinder coach.

Scared to swipe on Tinder? Just give your phone to your roomie and they will take care of it for you. They know your type or want you to think outside the box. So if the hookup goes wrong, you can blame your roomie for the awful choice. You might thank them or you might not. Now you have to grow balls and do your own swiping and can’t blame anyone but yourself.

9. You won’t have an audience anymore.

Your biggest presentation of the year and you spend days practicing in front of your roomie. They will critique you to ensure that you have the best presentation ever. They give you pointers on what you need to wear and even what facial expressions you need to make when speaking. Now, you have to practice in your mirror which is even more uncomfortable than speaking to the class.

10. You won’t have two cars.

Who wants to drive this time? Can I drive your car because mine is acting funky. You go everywhere together anyway, so why not just carpool at all times. Way to save money and spend quality time. Having two cars determines where you drive since one is more gas efficient or one is “prettier”. But, now you have to spend all your gas money on your own car and you won’t have a chauffeur anymore.