Writing Is An Escape

Writing Is An Escape

Writing has a big place in the world and I love to contribute to it.

30
Writing Is An Escape
RAJAD

If you like to write, listen up or I guess read up. Writing has always been an escape for me. It's a way to contribute to the endless stream of words that people see everyday and it's actually everywhere. We write status updates, captions, essays, letters and more. It's been a central part of people's lives and their education.

For some, it takes the back burner but for me, it stays in the front of my mind: always there and constantly within reach. It's my way and many people's way of contributing to that stream that I was talking about earlier. Writing and reading go hand in hand like Mac & Cheese or PB&J. It's one of those iconic duos that people dare each other to name.

One person writes and another person reads it, it's constant and endless and hey guess what, you're reading this now, so exhibit A. I got encouraged to write this after seeing the same little ad on the side of the road on my way home everyday. It said, "You just proved these ads work," and I'll admit, it got me thinking.

People read even when they don't mean to, our eyes just gravitate to letters and images, which helps people like me who gravitate towards assigning meaning to letters and images. I realized early on in life, I don't really write for me. I write for school, I write for followers and long story short, I write for others. Writing is a way to keep others informed, create a fantastical escape for yourself or as a way to vent (remember the old write it down and rip it up). Growing up, my favorite TV characters loved to write like Elena Gilbert from The Vampire Diaries (sorry not sorry) or Veronica Sawyer from Heathers and it really encouraged me to step up with my writing too. I realized as long as it was everywhere and as long as everyone gravitated towards it be it intentional or unintentional, I should try and contribute my own voice.

Don't ever stop writing and don't ever stop reading. I know it may not be for everyone and that is totally okay but for those who like to write, try not to stop. Realize that your voice is important and that with the stroke of a pen or a click of your keyboard you can contribute to this endless stream and one day make a difference with what you have to say.