Why Winter Is Actually The Greatest Season

20
Spencer Thomas

Up until this year, summer has been, by far, my favorite season. Growing up in suburban New Jersey, summer was always the best time of year. I didn't have to shovel a snow-covered driveway, there were no leaves to rake, and, since I wasn't bogged down by sports and homework, I had all of the time in the world to spend doing whatever I wanted to do.

However, after moving to Michigan for school, I realized that, in order to adapt to the brutal cold and painfully strong winds, I had to update both my winter gear and the mindset that I had towards winter. Here are some ways that I cope.

You might have to walk to your 8:00 a.m. classes in pitch black darkness.

The last thing that you want to be doing right now is trekking to class. This is especially true when the temperatures are below zero and you're cursing the freshman standing that got you these 8:00 a.m. classes, but you do it anyway.

You used to enjoy when it started snowing.

Now, you enjoy when it doesn't.

Fortunately, you will always have an excuse to drink Nutella hot chocolate.

It's easy and healthy (probably)!

The lower that the temperature becomes, the greater that the quantity of cuddling increases (#econ101).

You have to figure out a way to stay warm somehow, right?

You'll have an excuse to wear these ridiculous socks while you Netflix & Chill with your loves (your bf, your bff, your cat, Nutella).

Knit socks are already amazing by themselves, but when they have your favorite wine and Netflix knit onto them, it's basically a Netflix & Chill necessity.

You get to do this:

#Science

Winter coats are fab.

So are the boots, the hats, and the gloves. Winter accessories make you feel as glamorous as they make you warm.

Who doesn't love knee socks and cuddling up with a book by the fireplace?

A loose turtleneck sweater, long knit socks, and a book are key winter essentials. Don't forget that Nutella hot chocolate sitting on the coffee table!

Despite the below freezing temperatures, winter has grown on you and it might even be your new favorite season.