Why I Will Always Love My Hometown

Why I Will Always Love My Hometown

Nothing compares to the nostalgia I feel when I take a trip back.

16
Tumblr

I recently took a trip back to my hometown after being away for almost a year. But that distance of being away really made me appreciate going back and seeing all that I left behind. I may have always wanted to leave and go onto grander things, but at the end of the day I realized how much I really love my hometown.

My hometown is where I met some of my best friends; many of which I am still friends with. I learned how to be a good friend and make these relationships last long distance. That is where I met people who will stay in my life long after I leave it behind. I am able to travel to see them just to make our relationship last. This is because I learned what a good friendship is all about; you have to put in the effort to make something last.

I was taught a sense of direction in my hometown. The sun rises in the East and sets in the West; and that the Hudson River will always run North and South. It's just little things like that which really stick with you. I always try to apply this to where I am whether it is far from where my hometown is.

Not to mention, my hometown is where I learned to drive. I may get a little road rage when a car is driving slow in front of me, but don't blame me. I learned this from the people back home. Also, I learned about all the back roads and quickest ways to get from point A to point B. Not matter what happens in life, I'll always be able to navigate myself in my hometown.

My hometown made me who I am. Of course we all dream of something bigger than where we are from. But at the end of the day, we wouldn't be able to leave or accomplish anything if we didn't grow up where we did. We learned how to do everything from walking to riding a bike all the way to driving. Nothing would be possible for us; because we wouldn't be the same person we are of we grew up in a different place.

And whether or not you liked your hometown, it still shaped you and gave you the resources you need to succeed. It's better off to thank your hometown for creating the person you are today. Because you wouldn't be going in the same direction with the same set of morals of you were from another hometown. With that said, it's only right to say that I will always love my hometown.