Why We SHOULDN'T Choose Suicide

Why We SHOULDN'T Choose Suicide

When one hits rock bottom and all else seems to fail, suicide might seem like the only way out, but let me tell you, suicide is never the answer.

20
Why We SHOULDN'T Choose Suicide
Unsplash.com

Everyone has those bad days. Everyone has those days where you don't want to get up, where you don't want to see that one person in the halls, or where everything seems like it isn't going your way. These days are normal and almost the same for everyone, but the way we deal with these situations can be different for many. Some people have a bad day and just think that tomorrow is a different day, that the next day will be better. While some people think to themselves that that one day just felt like the worst day ever and that it might never get better, and this is why I am writing to you.

Depression and suicide is an ongoing issue in our country. Suicide is a very difficult subject to approach but the fact that it is not being talked about, is leading to a lack of prevention. Every age, gender, race, and social class is a part of this issue and it needs to be talked about.

When one hits rock bottom and all else seems to fail, suicide might seem like the only way out, but let me tell you, suicide is never the answer. There are so many things to live for, even when you do hit that low point. One who is questioning suicide must take a step back and think of all the amazing things that they would miss and the things and people that would miss them. They must think about their favorite hobby, or their favorite, smell, or even their favorite food. These things are what you will not be able to enjoy if you decide to end your life.

Although there are a lot of things to think about missing, there is even more important things to think about: your family, friends, and peers that care about you and love you with everything they have to offer. This is one of the most important things; knowing that there are people out there who are willing to help. These people, anyone you could think of, would be more than happy to talk to you about anything and to help you get through this hard point in your life. These are the people that will hurt tirelessly if they lost you, and they are here to help.

If you or anyone you know is suicidal, get help and remember that there are so many amazing things to live for. The things and the people in your life will be in pain, trying to think of how they could've helped but in order for them to help, you need to realize that you need it. Things might get rough and things might seem as if they will never get better but trust me, they will. Whatever is going on in your life that seems so horrible, I promise you, it will get better.