Why We Need 4 More Years Of Obama

Why We Need 4 More Years Of Obama

Please don't leave us, Mr. President

12
Why We Need 4 More Years Of Obama

Barack Obama will leave office on January 20, 2017. Obama’s two terms in office have been a success. In eight years, Obama has successfully passed a Universal Health Care Law, strengthened our country’s relations in the international community, and defended the rights of all Americans. Obama’s greatest accomplishment has been his mission to right the wrongs of the previous administration, and bring America into the 21st century.

Obama made our country a leader on the issue of climate change, something that George Bush failed miserably at. The U.S. economy is far better off than it was when Obama took office. He also called for, and oversaw, the implementation of same-sex marriage. Although Obama’s presidency wasn’t perfect, it was certainly successful. Americans will choose the next presidency next November, but as the primaries come to a close it is becoming more and more apparent that the best choice for President is Barack Obama. Unfortunately, this is not possible because the 22nd Amendment says that someone may only be elected President for two terms. Despite this, the fact remains that four more years of Obama would be better than four (or eight) years of another crooked Clinton or a self-obsessed, moronic, reality game show judge.

Hillary Clinton

Hilary Clinton is the odds on favorite to beat Donald Trump in November and secure the Presidency. A Hillary Clinton presidency maybe the best option (the lesser of two evils), but she is by no means a perfect, or even a very good candidate. First and foremost, Hillary Clinton’s campaign lacks excitement and originality. Clinton has spent a lot of time on the campaign trail comparing herself to Obama.

A Hillary Clinton presidency would be similar in a lot of ways to an Obama presidency, but it will fail at accomplishing several things. Hillary cannot unite Americans like Obama could. She cannot reach people on the same emotional level that Obama can. Obama’s candidness on many issues is what truly sets him apart from other presidents. He is less political than Hillary, and more willing to say and act on his beliefs. Hilary’s speaking manner is much more proper, reserved, almost robotic.

Another issue with a Hlilary Clinton presidency is that she is a Clinton. If she is elected, four of the last five presidents will be from two families, the Bush and Clinton families. That is not ideal. A democracy should not be dominated by political families. Don’t get me wrong; Hillary has every right to be president. She is absolutely her own politician, and it should not matter who her spouse is. All I’m saying is that it is not ideal for two families to run the country for 20 of the last 28 years.

I also believe Hillary has some serious questions surrounding her integrity. These questions go beyond the Benghazi scandal, or her emails. Clinton has refused numerous calls to release transcripts of her talks to Wall Street firms that she made after her time as Secretary of State. Clinton said she’d release the transcripts if other candidates in the race did the same. That statement alone shows a shocking lack of integrity. Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else will, and Hlilary apparently lacks this quality.

She has also flip-flopped on many issues including same-sex marriage, the 2nd Amendment, the Iraq war, and Free Trade. Listen, every candidate flip flops, but it’s hard to shake the idea that Hillary changed her view on these issues not because she believed she was wrong the first time, but because the other side was more popular. For this reason, it is hard to distinguish what she truly believes strongly about, if anything. I will simply say that Hillary is, by no means, an ideal candidate.

Donald Trump

Oh, boy -- where to start? First, Trump is a misogynist and a racist. Trump’s words are extremely divisive and hurt our country’s unity. As good as Obama was at bringing people together, it seems that Trump is even better at splitting people apart.

A Trump presidency would be a disaster. When Trump says that Mexico will build us a border wall, he is telling a boldfaced lie. Mexico will never, in a million years, pay for that stupid wall. When Trump says he will stop Muslims from immigrating to America, he again is being misleading. The U.S. immigration process works through a quota system, and the President does not have exclusive control over this.

Putting his ignorant policy ideas aside, President Trump would face a number of challenges. Trump is not a politician, and he doesn’t seem to play nice with others. Establishment politicians (you know the ones that are informed on issues and actually serve in Congress) despise Trump. Trump will find it near impossible to negotiate with both Democrats and Republicans to get legislation past. He will also have to deal with very limited public support. Trump isolationist and extreme policy ideas will reverse all the work Obama has made in the past eight years

I would like to sum this article up by reminding all of you how awesome Barack Obama really is. Obama has said that he prefers Kendrick Lamar over Drake. Then there’s the time he dapped up Kevin Durant. Also, his notorious "Choom Gang" from his high school days in Hawaii. Other awesome Obama moments include: When he reminded John McCain who the big dog is, when he sang Al Green mid-speech, and, finally, when he called Kanye a “jack***”. Come on people, we will never have another President this cool. Four more year, four more years.