Why We All Need to Watch Queer Eye

A Reminder To Everyone: 'Queer Eye' Is One Of The MOST Important Shows Out Right Now

The show teaches everyone so much about life, love, acceptance, etc, why EVERYONE needs to watch this show! WARNING: Tears ahead!

38

Turning red states pink one makeover at a time is showing us that some people we tend to judge on the outside have their own story and their own history. It is disappointing how sometimes we tend to judge people before even realizing what we are doing, but if we can consciously change that, it would be a very important thing for us as a world.

Queer Eye, stars 5 brilliant humans known as the 'Fab Five,' which includes Karamo Brown (culture expert), Johnathan Van Ness (Grooming), Antoni Porowski (Food), Tan France (Clothing), and Bobby Berk (Design). These five amazing men have all faced their own struggles and have gone through their own individual life paths to get where they are today since they met just two years ago.

This show features heroes or people who have been nominated to get a makeover in every aspect of their life from these five men. We meet these heroes and in this next season we meet some amazing heroines and watch as they learn how to improve their lives by taking some time for themselves, their family, and just learning how to not only give out love but receive it and feel loved, confident, and beautiful.

Some of the different lessons that I have learned throughout watching this series is that there is a difference in feeling love and being happy from truly loving yourself. Ideally, you want to be able to achieve all 3 but they are not interchangeable. You can be the happiest person in the world, someone who truly loves others and does nothing but spread joy and happiness to all those around them, in comparison to someone who spreads all this love but at the end of the day comes home and is sad and does not feel love for themselves. This is one of the lessons that really hit home for me and truly taught me something and changed my life because the person I just described was someone I once was. It sounds so weird and cheesy to me to say that a TV show changed my life and helped me to overcome my depression and learn how to take the time to improve my life and find love for myself, but that is exactly what this show did for me.

One of my favorite quotes from the show is told by culture experts very own Karamo Brown, "Failure is not the opposite of success, it is a part of it." This is such an important quote for us to hear and understand and keep with us throughout our daily lives. So often we are scared of failure because we think of it as a setback but in actuality, it fuels our drive for success and helps us to re-route our path and brings us to success. The lessons that each of the five men imparts on the different heroes and heroines throughout the three different seasons of Queer Eye are so important because we can see how the directly impact others lives and make the decision that we also seek that change and then can begin the work towards achieving it for ourselves.

Just remember, you are special, you are important, you are loved. ❤️