Why Do We Think of Memories That Often?

Why Do We Think of Memories That Often?

Have you really thought about memories before?

71
Why Do We Think of Memories That Often?
Catherine Linnihan

We all have hundreds of memories in life, but why do we always look back on them all of the time and wish that we could travel back into time and enjoy those moments again? It might be because something tragic has happened or something great that reminds you of what has happened in the past.

We often look at memories as a good thing, but we also have those moments where we wish we could have done something different or change the outcome of the situation. Sometimes memories strike terror in our owns when we are reminded of something bad that has happened in our lives before that we do not want to happen again. Memories are great and I am not trying to make it to be a bad thing. I feel like so many people think memories is just another thing. Either way, we make memories by what we do everyday, whether it is good or bad.

When I think about my memories, I think about when I got saved, when I got baptized, when I marched on Main Street in Disney World, when I graduated from high school, when I went to hang out with my friends and family, when I had another seizure, and when I started college. All these are precious memories and I could go on and on with all the memories I have, but these are just a couple that stand out to me right now.

Something that the Lord has been convicting me of lately is enjoying every single moment you have, whether it is by yourself, with friends, or even in class. Yeah, we can look back on what has happened in the past and we feel happy, but God has told us to look forward to what lies ahead and not what has happened in the past. We need to enjoy the moments that we have one day at a time. It is good to be reminded of our past, but so often do we look back on our past way too much and forget about what is happening at that very moment.

Will you stop looking at the past as much as you do now and start enjoying the moments during the day? We always wish that specific things would happen again, but you never know, something better could happen in your life when you look forward to something during the day. I hope this encourages you and makes you realize how memories are precious, but we do not need to spend most of our days looking at the past. God has a great future for our lives, we just have to go day by day with Him.