Why The Jersey Shore is The Only Shore for Me

Once a Jersey girl, always a Jersey girl.

17
staging.seastreak.cstraightdev.com

Everyone has their favorite place, and mine just happens to be the beach. But more specifically, the Jersey Shore. Although there are a few unfortunate stereotypes about the shore here, don’t let MTV fool ya. I wouldn’t want to spend my summers anywhere else.

1) You constantly see people you know.

Whether you’re walking the boardwalk late at night or hanging on the beach during the day, there’s a large chance you’ll run into a few people along the way. It’s always nice to have familiar faces in an area that isn’t necessarily home.

2) The food.

There will always be the classic seafood restaurant that you and your family go to every summer. So between the fresh food that never gets old and the fried Oreos on the boardwalk, beach food is the best food.

3) Everyone is happier at the beach.

You can be having a bad day at home or school and it would absolutely suck...but when you’re down the shore, nothing can go wrong. Everyone is more laid back, relaxed, and happy to be tanning or swimming in the ocean. Even rainy days down the shore aren’t dreary, everything seems brighter even when the weather doesn’t decide to be.

4) The unexpected makes for the best memories.

It could be running into a family friend at the local Dunkin or catching up with someone you haven’t seen in years. Regardless, the beach never calls for a set schedule. The days typically consist of seeing what happens next without worrying about anything.

5) The beach at night.

Quite the opposite of my hometown, the fun doesn’t end when it starts to get late at night. Stores stay open later, ice cream runs at midnight are a thing, and the beach stays alive with tons of people hanging out with their friends. Oh, and I don’t care how old I am, the rides will always be a part of my adventures at the beach.

6) It’s not far from home.

About an hour and a half and you have reached your destination. There’s no problem if you want to take a day trip or spend the week, the drive is never a problem. Not everyone can say they live fairly close to the shore. If you have work in the morning, the drive is never too out of the way. Traffic may get a little annoying, but it's absolutely worth it.

7) It’s a second home.

Home will always be home, but every person has a place they deem as their second home. For me, and many of my friends, that second home is the beach. Friends are always near, family dinners are even better, and familiar faces are everywhere.

For as long as I can remember, I always would go to the beach with family and friends. LBI, Point Pleasant, Lavallette, and many other places at the shore are a home away from home.