Why The Hot Girl Summer Should Stay

Why The Hot Girl Summer Should Stay

summer nineteen is the summer of the hot girl!

21
Why The Hot Girl Summer Should Stay

The term of the summer seems to be making it's rounds. 'Hot Girl Summer' is the talk of the town. Now lately, there have been some positive outbreaks from summer '19 hot girls. Others, not so much. So why such an uproar over such a harmless term? This might be the reason. In order to maintain yourself and 'live your best life' the way that you propose to do, you must be able to be as carefree as possible. Hence the term was born. Now for me, being a young black woman in the age of social media this has been discussed on several occasions. I was listening to a podcast, and the latest topic was discussing why some do not seem to agree with the term.

Most want to agree that certain people are dismissing it because it makes women look bad all for men to bash amongst themselves. How typical. Now this is not me saying that all men agree with this, but others can say that this tends to be true most of the time. Especially when it comes to women of color. Whenever we try to uplift one another especially on social media, it is only for it to be torn down by some type of negativity. For once, can we do something without having to be involved in some type of disagreement? Can't we just let the hot girl summer live? It's 2019, there should be no such thing as telling people how they should live their best lives. Who are we to judge? We should be able to express how we feel, but in a way that everyone can understand. Enough ridiculing one another. I just want this term to be used in the best way possible, and for it to be a fun one at that. I would say that I am indeed having myself a hot girl summer for many reasons. For one, with all that was lost the previous summer, I would say that I am certainly gaining my confidence back. I am happier with the decisions that I am making now, compared to how I used to handle them. I am learning to be gentler with myself instead of being my own worst enemy. I believe that many are gaining that back as well. I have seen some of the strongest women I know go through hell, and they have maintaining the best comeback that I have ever seen. I know I'll get there, but I will be patient. Somedays are hard, but I know it will happen.

I'm very happy the hot girl summer exists for us to find ourselves again. Trust me; we need it now more than ever. Here's to all my beautiful ladies.