Why Thanksgiving Break Is the Worst

Why Thanksgiving Break Is the Worst

Love the food, hate the time after.

55
Why Thanksgiving Break Is the Worst
Pop Sugar

I am an adamant food lover; I love to pig out to incredible home cooked meals. But I have to say, Thanksgiving break is the worst.

It's not bad because of the countless questions your aunt from Georgia asks, nor is it because you've gained an extra three pounds.

It's bad because it is the biggest tease of a break. It's less than a week long, and only allows for a minimal amount of rest. Yes, we all get a few days of being cooped up in our beds, binge watching Netflix but that sadly, does not get to last for long.

Your family always makes you help them prep and cook, and of course clean after Thanksgiving dinner. Then you go Black Friday shopping at 1 am so you can get the best deals, then after that, you spend the last two days trying to hang out with your friends and family as much as you can.

But with saying all of that, the break doesn't suck because of how much you have to do with your family or how much you cook or clean. The break sucks because once you go back to school it is hell. If your classes are anything like the normal college or high school student's, then you know that the last three weeks of classes are torture.

Between three projects, two huge presentations and of course unnecessary quizzes and assignments, I do not want to deal with these next two weeks. I guess my professors do not understand the meaning of "Dead Week" here on my campus, because let me tell you, next week the only thing that is going to be dead is me. The last two weeks before finals is always hectic, but coming back from a week(ish) long break makes it that much worst.

You come back to school after being able to not deal with any (school related) responsibilities. You've been able to lay down and binge watch your favorite Netflix shows, over eat your families amazing home cooked meals, and hang out with your old friends. But as soon as you get back into classes, the hammer hits.

There is always an overload of homework assignments, projects and quizzes. I will truly never understand what goes through professors/teachers minds when they decide to schedule an abundance of assignments for the last two weeks of the semester.

Thanksgiving break is a little taste of paradise, but truly only a little one. You have to wait at least three weeks to be able to go home again to be able to just chill out. Almost every student has to go through a ton of assignments, sleepless nights, and stress before they can actually get to Winter break.

We all love Thanksgiving because of the food, but boy do I hate the break once I get back to school.