11 Reasons Why Texas A&M Is A Cult

11 Reasons Why Texas A&M Is A Cult

"From the outside looking in, you can't understand it. And from the inside looking out, you can't explain it."

10867
11 Reasons Why Texas A&M Is A Cult

If you're an Aggie, you've definitely caught flack from your non-Aggie friends in some way, shape or form about being a member of "the A&M cult" (I like to call it the Aggie Family, but to each their own). With all of the Kool-Aid jokes aside, I really can see how we get this reputation.

1. We gather every Friday night in the Fall at a designated location and let men dressed in overalls lead us in the traditional yells of our cult.

2. We place offerings at the feet of a sacred statue in the hopes and belief that it will bring us good luck in our endeavors.

3. We believe in the power of a sacred tree and how it can alter our future love lives.

4. We take the loss of fellow members very seriously and multiple ceremonies are packed with Aggies from all reaches of life to show respect.

5. We will tackle you if you step on the grass of our Memorial Student Center, because it is a memorial and it's not "stupid." You should read the signs.

6. The 12th Man, no explanation needed.

7. The strength of the cult is so strong that our symbol is known to spark conversation all over the world and bring members of all ages together.

8. When we face other schools, we show support in one of the only ways we know how: by yelling at them and waving towels in the air as directed by men dressed in all white.

9. Upon hearing the number corresponding to the year that our academic service to the cult is complete, we can be heard spouting off noises such as: AAAAA, A-A-A-A-A, A-A-A Whoop, and A-Whoop!

10. When we hear the war hymn of our people, we throw our arms around each other and sway, while belting it out at the top of our lungs, of course.

11. A dog is the highest ranking member of our Corps of Cadets. In fact, Reveille is so important to us that if she barks, we get out of class!

There are a lot of traditions at Texas A&M University that make it unique from all other campuses across the nation, and that's only a small part of what makes this school so great.

You're a student for about four years, but you're an Aggie for life.