13 Reasons Why Spooky Season Is The Best Season

For the month of October most people only care about Halloween, but in reality, the whole spooky month is the best month out of the year.

4850

The spooky season is upon us. If you're not familiar with the term, it's the month of October! The whole month is dedicated to all things fall, pumpkin and spook, making it the best month of the year. Here's why:

The Air Is Getting Colder!

Nufenen Pass

@theforestbirds https://unsplash.com/photos/4S3iMBIappo

Fall, Autumn, Spooky season, whatever you want to call this time of the year one thing remains the same; the temperature is dropping. This means you can go outside without sweating, you open windows, and even just relax inside knowing you don't have to have the A/C on.

2. Pie!

Everyone loves pie, and if you don't then I'm worried. Year round you can get apple, chocolate, key lime, but only one time a year can you get pumpkin pie. The greatest delicacy, in my eyes, is a beautiful pumpkin pie. I'm drooling just thinking about it.

3. October 3rd!

Aaron Samuels and Cady Heron

@meangirls https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl8qFmpB9u3/?taken-by=meangirls

On October 3rd Aaron Samuels asked Cady Heron what day it was. Iconic.

4. Desserts (besides pie)!

Cookies, candy by the pound, cakes, even bat shaped sprinkles. Although pie is superior in my heart, I can't say no to a good cookie with a ghost printed on it! Also sorry trick or treaters I swear I had candy for you I just ate it all!

5. The Pumpkin Patches!

Just a happy halloweenie!

@katymoe_ https://www.instagram.com/p/Ba6rTJ4FxUD/?taken-by=katymoe_

I wish picking pumpkins was year round, it gives you a great opportunity to hang out with friends or someone special while judging giant pumpkins! Also, who doesn't love seeing all the weird squashes??

6. Did I mention Pumpkin Spice Lattes!

You can hate on me as much as you want but I'm not ashamed to say I love pumpkin spice lattes. I just love pumpkin and it's a limited flavor, so if I want to fill myself up on pumpkin every day in October I will! Shoutout Starbs for fueling this habit!

7. Netflix and Chills!

Just two bros!

@netflix https://www.instagram.com/p/Bnzhn2ElfSn/?taken-by=netflix

Finally, I can indulge in scary movies every day without any judgment! Netflix even renamed their horror section Netflix and Chills just to support my horror addiction.

8. Costumes!

Do you want to be a dog? Great. Want to pretend to be a doctor? Hey, do it! This is the one time a year you can dress up and have fun maybe even win a costume contest or two! As long as you aren't appropriating a culture or doing something offensive everyone will love your costume.

9. Haunted Houses!

Nothing to see here.

@horronights https://www.instagram.com/p/BoHhrHfFdMA/?taken-by=horrornights

If you're lucky to live near a Universal Studios or have ever been to one of their Halloween Horror Nights, you've experienced the greatest haunted houses ever! I'm now taking applicants for a buddy to go with!

10. Scary Stories!

Enjoy this thread on twitter of a bunch of scary stories! Maybe even gather your friends and spook them with these stories too!

11. Fun Parties!

Halloween parties are always the best, especially if the decorations are good. A fun creepy house, maybe a punch bowl with smoke on the top, cupcakes with spooky toppers! That is a dream come true, and it beats any party where everyone is just standing around uncomfortably.

12. Halloween Itself!

Jack-O-Lantern

@rawpixel https://unsplash.com/photos/OUbjs4uSKf0

When the most important day of the month finally arrives it feels like a weight is lifted off my shoulders, not to be overdramatic or anything. Whether you're trick or treating, going to a party, or having a night in with some movies, the night is filled with so much fun!

13. The Post Halloween High!

Now that spooky season is over, prepping for the next two awesome holidays begins! Soon turkeys will be eaten and then Christmas trees will be out up, as 2018 comes to a close.

These are the 13 reasons why spooky season is the best season, thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.