Why Sophomore Year At SUNY Fredonia Has Me Hyped

I have a lot to look forward to.

27
Square Space

This year at SUNY Fredonia, I am a sophomore Theater Arts student with a minor in women and gender studies. I have never been more excited for a school year quite honestly, and I'm going to give you all my reasons why I am hyped for this year.

1) I've missed my friends like CRAZY. It's hard living miles and mile apart from people you really care about. It feels so good to be able to spend time with them again, and have our little family dinners, go on road trips, or just stay in and play games all night.

2) My department is amazing. I feel so incredibly lucky to be apart of the TADA department at Fredonia. We have so many opportunities to express talent, and have so many chances to create art through theater, and I know not many schools have the same kind of programs. I've made some really special friends through this program, and I feel a lot more educated about theater, acting, technical theater, plays, musicals, etc...everyday I learn something new.

3) I am apart of the peer education group STEPS on campus! STEPS stands for Students Teaching Equals Positive Sexuality, and basically the group does programs, and presentations on various topics such as, HIV/AIDS, Safe Partying, Alcohol Awareness, STI'S/STD'S, Sexual Assault, Healthy/Unhealthy Relationships, Safe Sex, and Homophobia/Transphobia. This group provided a safe zone for me, and does that for so many other amazing people, and I feel completely an utterly lucky to have the opportunity to be apart of it. Also, this semester I finally get to be a big!

4) I am the Public Relations Chair of V-DAY! V-DAY is a movement against, domestic violence, sex trafficking, sexual abuse, and fighting for equality among all gender identities. This group has grown very close to my heart, and like STEPS has also provided a safe zone for me. I love being able to speak out against these horrific acts done to people, and ultimately making a huge impact on people's lives.

5) I've really started to work on my self confidence and loving myself more. It's always a goal to develop self confidence, but this year I have a ton more responsibility and oppurtunities to gain this self confidence that I have lacked in the past.