Why I Smile

"Why are you smiling?" "You literally are always smiling!" "Are you ever not happy?" These are questions that people ask me on the regular. I seem to always be smiling, even when I do not notice it. I often ask myself the same questions people ask me, why do I smile a lot? While you are probably expecting some profound explanation as to why I am the way I am, my answer really isn't that complicated. The two main reasons why I smile so much is because people need it and I have Jesus in my heart. I know those answers sound slightly cheesy, but they are the truth.

I smile because people need it. A simple smile goes a long way. When you sit back and truly watch and listen to people, you realize how much crap people are going through! Whether you are having a super awesome amazing day, or a day from hell, everyone could use a smile. It isn't that hard and it only makes people feel better. Smiling is contagious and if one simple smile can brighten someones day, I am willing to do that!

Another reason I am smiling is because I am genuinely happy. Not always happy in the sense that my life is going perfect and just as planned, I actually do not know the last time that has actually happened to me. No matter if life is great or not, the thing that keeps me going and keeps me happy is knowing that I have Jesus and he is on my side. My favorite story my mom tells me is when I was a little kid someone asked me, "Sydney why are you so happy?" And I said, "Because I have Jesus in my heart." This is still true today! Life is crazy and unexpected things happen all the time, but God is faithful and he loves us no matter what, that to me seems like a good enough reason to put a smile on my face.

This is why I smile so much! I encourage you to smile often as well! Not only does it make you feel better, but it cheers people up as well.

Have YOU smiled today?