Why Shark Tank Is Important To Television

Shark Tank is the most important show on television. Period.

Why you might ask? A show like Shark Tank is important to this country because it teaches people across all ages and across America that dreams do come true. Yes, it's a little cliché to say this but it is based on the sole fact that the American dream can come true for even your "average Joe."

If you haven't seen Shark Tank before, it a show where hopeful entrepreneurs get a chance to pitch to millionaire/billionaire investors and fight for the right mentor to join them on their entrepreneurial journey. If the Sharks like a product, they'll invest their own money into the business for a stake in the company. If they don't like the sales person and/or the product, they'll rip you to shreds on national television in a way that only a true "Shark" could do.

When you watch this show, you feel the sense of capitalism in the air and that it truly does work for those who work for it. People from around the world come to America for a fresh start, to fulfill some kind of dream, whether business related or not. There are people that have gone on this show who have lost everything and start a business just to try and get back on their feet, not realizing that they have a "hero," like Lori Grenier often says, and turns it into a million dollar company. I'm by far not a business person nor will I probably ever be but Shark Tank is one of the biggest inspirations that I could have in my life. You definitely do not need to be involved in business in any way to absolutely be in love with this show, I get chills every time a deserving, hard working person gets the deal of a lifetime with one of the Sharks.

Between the 6 main "Sharks"; Mark Cuban, Daymond John, Robert Herjavec, Lori Grenier, Barbara Corcoran, and Kevin O'Leary and guest Sharks such as Nick Woodman and Chris Sacca; they have invested almost over $100 million in the companies that have come on to the show looking for their big break. That's $100 million invested into creating jobs for America, getting people back on their feet, and reinstating hope in those that are chasing that American dream.

Shark Tank really is the epitome of the American dream and everything it stands for so if you just need some motivation and inspiration, tune in on Friday nights at 9/8c to see some lives change and capitalism at it's best.