Why Sentimentality Is Important

Why Sentimentality Is Important

Appreciate the little things.

1124
Why Sentimentality Is Important
Priy Santikary

Sentimentality is often regarded as immature --- why assign feelings to a memory or an inanimate object? In my opinion, allowing love to spread beyond relationships with people is extremely important. While objects can be lost and memories can fade, both can be a source of comfort when missing a loved one or provide motivation during difficult times.

In a day and age where most of our time is taken up by technology and a busy schedule, it's important to appreciate the little things, like a friend bringing you a coffee. Showing love to the people in your life is just as important as appreciating what they do for you! By being more open with feelings and actively showing appreciation, any relationship can become stronger and any day can become better. Being sentimental is important because the people and places you love aren't always within reach, but a meaningful gift or letter can be.

So, if you're looking for a way to show someone that you care, consider gifting an item that holds sentimental value to you. Your favorite book or movie is a great start! The thoughtfulness involved will surely shine through.