Why Pokemon Go Is So Successful

Why Pokemon Go Is So Successful

Who doesn't love reliving their childhood?

1
Why Pokemon Go Is So Successful
Google Images

I still remember growing up watching the best of the best when it comes to 90’s shows. Easily some of the best shows ever. There were so many, but there is only one that clearly stands out in my mind. Nothing made me happier than watching Pokémon with my hat and Pokeball close by. So when I heard about this new Pokémon app, I was excited, but also a little skeptical.

I was scared that it was going to be a fluke and nothing compared to the old Pokémon video games, but boy was I wrong. Pokémon Go is a perfect app for someone like me. It’s great being able to walk around my area and actually feel like Ash, my favorite cartoon character. It may sound a little childish and immature, but to me, it's very nostalgic. Being able to basically relive my childhood is something I love to do. Who doesn’t love to catch some Pokémon and relive those old childhood memories? Exactly. No one.

Also, this app can actually get kids to get off their butts and do something outside of their house. You can actually go to different locations outside of your home and catch different Pokémon, and meet friends while doing it. To me, it doesn’t seem to get any better than that. Now, of course these kids are still playing a game and not getting any exercise out of it, but it's still a great way to meet new friends and get off of your couch.

This app is just genius. It’s doing so well not only because it's Pokémon, but of how much our generation loves nostalgic, old school games and entertainment. No wonder so many people my age are running around the tri-state looking for Charizard’s and Pikachu’s: because they get to feel like a kid again. When you are a stressed out college kid, working long shifts and trying to pay off school, sometimes you need to go back to your childhood and embrace it. This app does that better than any app or game on the market. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I got some Pokémon I have to catch.