9 Reasons Why Penn State Is Definitively The Best School

Don't worry, we would be upset if we didn't go here, too.

366

The Pennsylvania State University-- sometimes better known as that one school in the dead center of PA that 46,000 undergrad students call home. As a Penn State student, I could not imagine having chosen anywhere else to go to college. From the packed football games to the incredible school spirit that flows throughout the campus on any given day, there are thousands of reasons that make this school the absolute best.

Amidst all of the articles completely bashing Penn State (we all know you are just upset that you don’t go here, it's understandable) here are just a few reminders as to why Penn State is the BEST school in the country.

1. Football games

No football game in the world can compare to one that takes place in Beaver Stadium. Anyone who has ever been to one can tell you that the atmosphere is unreal. From the 107,00 screaming fans on any given game day (rain or shine) to the mouth-watering chicken baskets, there is simply no competition. Once you go to a Penn State football game, there is no turning back. (Just ask all the thousands of PSU alum who come back for the games every weekend).

2. THON!!

The LARGEST student run philanthropy in the world, started by us in the 1973. THON weekend comes once every year in February where we stand for 46 hours straight to bring awareness to the fight against childhood cancer. We have raised millions upon millions of dollars, and don't plan on stopping any time soon. Not only that, but our THON has prompted the start of thousands of mini-THON's all throughout the country at other universities, high schools, and middle schools.

3. The Creamery

Who else can say that their school has their very own creamery that makes ice cream (among other things) right on location? Not only does the creamery offer hundreds of different delicious ice cream flavors, but they also make important contributions to education, research and industry across the globe.

4. We work hard, but party harder

There is no doubt that Penn State is an extremely academic-oriented school. During the weekdays, there is a slim chance that you will ever find a spot in the library considering the fact that every single student is in there getting work done and studying for exams-- but don't let that throw you off. We live for the weekends, which leads me to my next point...

5. Fratland

Home of 46 different frat houses, all of which always have something fun going on come the weekend. From daylongs and themed dated functions to socials and parties, you will always find something to do.Not to mention Frat Formal Friday, one of the most exciting days of the year right before finals where each house chooses a theme and throws an insane dated function.

6. BJC concerts

Yes, we may live in the middle of no where, but that doesn't stop our school from recruiting top-notch artists to perform at the Bryce Jordan Center on a monthly basis. Kanye West, Fetty Wap, Lil Wayne, Zedd, Paul McCartney and Bruce Springsteen have all been here within the past year, to name a few. Not to mention the student discounted tickets are bomb.

7. Food options

Whether you are looking for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or even drunk late-night food, the options for food at Penn State are nothing short of amazing. From the ever popular late night spots Canyon Pizza, Wings Over, and D.P Dough, to the downtown restaurants like Baby's, Primanti Brothers, and The Corner Room, you are always sure to find something delicious to chow down on.

8. Opportunities

We have the biggest alumni association in the world which is absolutely key for securing jobs and internships before graduation. End of story.

9. One big happy family

The one thing that all Penn-Staters share is an undeniable bond. You can go anywhere in the world and still see someone wearing Penn State apparel. Not only that, but you can scream "WE ARE" at them and have full confidence that you will get a "PENN STATE!" back. There is no better feeling than hearing that chant shouted at you when you are thousands of miles away from Penn State.