Why Our Country Needs Prayer

Why Our Country Needs Prayer

We live in a world full of heartbreak and negativity. Prayer is one of many powerful solutions.

70
Why Our Country Needs Prayer
International Business Times

In Omaha, Nebraska, a 16-year-old girl secretly gave birth to a premature baby in her bedroom. Shortly after, the girl allegedly threw the two-pound baby out of the second story window into the grass. She then reluctantly notified her mother of the event, who then ran out to search for the baby and began performing CPR. The baby was pronounced dead at the hospital.

Hurricane Matthew has just hit the coast. It’s taken over 100 lives of the people living in the southeast coast of the United States. It’s hitting Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina and a few more. It has been devastating to various homes and families all over.

Two African-American men were shot and killed in two different states: Tulsa, Oklahoma, and Charlotte, North Carolina, by police officers who have the hard job of discerning the best course of action in tension-filled situations. These two incidents have caused loved ones to rise against the criminal justices system along with many others who are of the African American race.

This upcoming 2016 election, which will decide who will lead our country for the next four years, has caused such a blanket of anxiety over the United States. Donald Trump has strayed away from paying his taxes, and Hilary Clinton could have committed a felony. These two candidates have not proven to be the most suitable for our country’s needs.

Mass shootings have taken over a large portion of the news in the past several years. From Sandy Hook to the Charleston church shooting, many lives were taking in these wrongful acts committed by American citizens. Grief, pain and sorrow have overwhelmed countless families due to the loss of their children and loved ones in these horrific events. It’s something we will never forget and something they will never get over.

The combination of these events, and the many more that will come, will only weaken and tear our country apart. Abraham Lincoln once said, “A house divided against itself will not stand.” We are on the path to a major divide and an even bigger crumble.

Our country is founded on the trust of God. I believe God is the only powerful force that is greater and mightier than all the negativity our world brings. Prayer is the solution. Banning together and asking the Lord for strength, patience, guidance, mercy, and most of all, grace, is what our country needs most. Believing in the deepest love and greatest provider is the only thing that is going to throw our country the life preserver it needs.