Why Ohio is the new Place to be

Why Ohio is the new Place to be

3

Living in Ohio, all you usually hear about is how much our state stinks and how the inhabitants wish for sunnier, happier, places. However, I think that these people are missing something crucial about the great state of Ohio. Ohio has a history that many other younger states simply cannot match. Ohio held a vast majority of the electorate power for many years allowing for our status as a swing state. Not only do we supply and pick the presidents, but it is our early state model that many other states were formed from. Not only is Ohio very politically important, but it is also crucial for the economy. In our country's early history, Ohio facilitated much trade along our river and through canals to the Great Lakes. This was crucial to the growth of the nation and for facilitating a national marketplace for trade.

But these are simply reasons why Ohio is important. These reasons give nothing on why one should enjoy and embrace Ohio. Our weather is never the same, imagine how boring it would be to have the same weather every day. Ohio has flat farmland, rolling hills, and even what we might claim to be small mountains. The variety in landscape, weather, and a relatively calm climate with few natural disasters, lend to Ohio being a remarkably normal stable environment. In addition to this, Ohio's economy is currently doing very well and has great upside. Columbus is booming and the city is primed to become another landmark city in our nation. Tie all of this together with being home to The Ohio State Buckeyes and Ohio suddenly looks like a prime destination.