Why October Is The Best Month Of The Year

It's time to get spooky and cozy all at the same time

19
Pinterest.com

1. It's the month of Halloween
Halloween is the best holiday in the entire year. You get to dress up as someone else for the night, go to fun ghoulish parties, stay out late, carve pumpkins with friends, go on fall adventures under color changing trees, and try and scare each other. It's the best because it's so much fun.

2. Corn maze adventures
Getting lost in a corn maze with friends is exciting, and the perfect way to enjoy the fall weather!
3. Haunted houses
Why would you enjoy October without haunted houses? Haunted houses are everything! If you're into frightening things, get ready to be scared stiff with a group of good friends with some of the best, haunted houses out there.
4. Candy corn
Contrary to popular belief, candy corn is delicious, and should not be such a neglected candy. They need love, too! And face it - October wouldn't be October without obligatory candy corn.
5. Candied apples
You need these yummy treats in your life! So go ahead - treat yourself!

6. Pumpkin flavored EVERYTHING
As you might have already guessed, October is obviously notorious for making almost everything pumpkin flavored. Pumpkin spiced lattes, pumpkin themed cookies, pumpkin muffins that are limited time only - you cannot escape the pumpkin in 2016 because it's become such a popular trend in our society when October rolls around.
7. Apple pie
Who says too many apples is a bad thing?
8. Apple cider
Refer to number 7.
9. An excuse to drink more coffee
As if we don't already consume enough coffee, October is the month where it feels like a sin if we don't drink any of it. It's the perfect weather for a warm cup of espresso topped off with whipped cream.

10. Changing leaves
One of my favorite things about October is watching the leaves change colors - to red, brown, yellow . . . how can you truly appreciate October without appreciating nature?
11. Cool, brisk weather - sweater weather!
Finally. For all of you people who are super sensitive to heat, October is literally the best month out there. It's not too hot, and it's not too cold. It's perfect.
12. Apple picking
Refer to number 8.
13. Halloween themed parties
What's more fun than dressing up as someone else and playing Halloween themed games, playing ghost in the graveyard (if you're still into that... I might be!) and snacking on Halloween themed treats while scaring each other?
14. Halloween decor (from Target!)
Basic girls rejoice. Hey, it's not a bad thing!I've already splurged on a few - ahem, a lot - of things.
15. Pumpkin carving
C'mon. This is a given, and it's the best - especially when you can get all creative and use those fun stencils!

16. Horror movies are everywhere
One of my all time favorite things about October is that it's the main month for horror movie marathons. Want to watch cheesy cult horror movies from the '80s with me? I'm down.
17. Comfy sweaters and things
Layers, layers, layers.
18. It's socially acceptable to dress up
If you want to dress up as a fairy or a creepy looking zombie, go for it. Nobody is stopping you - you're allowed to embrace the weird.
19. Fall scented candles
Pumpkin scented... apple spice... cinnamon bun... caramel... list could go on and on and that's okay.
20. Fall festivals and craft shows
A good excuse to enjoy more fall weather, walk around outside with a cup of apple cider, and spend money on cute things to put around the house to fully embrace the month of October in all it's autumn-ness.
21. Flannel galore
The. Best. Thing.

22. Being able to wear make up (without sweating if off)
It's seriously a blessing, and I am so excited. Ladies?
23. You get to experiment with your "darker side"
Because that's just what October is all about.

Cheers to October!