Why Not Live?

Why Not Live?

Make the most of the moment you are in now.

15

I'm sure you're familiar with the word routine. The majority of people go day by day following a specific routine. They become like programmed robots that become stuck doing the same things day in and day out. Of course, routines give out the feeling of stability, but this eventually can lead people to start drifting through life instead of actually living in the moments. There's absolutely nothing wrong with having some sort of routine in life, but it can become a problem when you start to feel empty.

Feeling empty about life can be bring you down. Take a few moments and think about ways in which you can make the most of your life. This is what I do when I start to feel as if I'm being sucked into a boring routine day after day. For example I try my hardest to keep setting goals in life. Don't just say your goals to others, but actually write your goals down. It doesn't matter how big or small these goals are; write them down. This list of goals will most likely change over time, and that's okay. You may not reach all of your goals and that's also okay. By writing your goals down , it is more likely that you will achieve them.

There have been many times in my life where I've been scared to do something because I cared too much about what people thought of my choices. In a way I felt as if I was letting others choose my path because of the expectations that was set by others on me. Don't live for other people. Don't let others choose your path based on their expectations they set for you no matter if it's your family, friends, or society in general.

When people are not living their life fully, they tend to complain about every little thing in life. Sometimes these people don't realize that they complain more about how bad their life is rather than focusing on the positives of their life. When things don't go your way in life you have two options. One option is to complain about it, and the other option is to actively work to change it. It's really up to you to decide which option you take.

I've learned over the years that failing is not necessarily bad. I think that it's perfectly okay to fail. After all, the only way to avoid failure is not to try at all. Don't be afraid of failure because that's how you will succeed in life. I personally don't think a failure is a true failure as long as you keep on trying. The moment that you stopped trying in life is really when you have failed. Something that I have learned as a way to overcome the fear of failure is by expecting the worst. When you go into a task in life and you think to yourself, “what is the worst thing that will happen?”, you'll find out that the worst case scenario is not actually as scary as you thought it would be.

Most importantly make sure you're living in the present. Don't focus on the past and don't let the future scare you. If you go through life worrying about the future or living in the past, you won't be able to experience any good of the present. Allow yourself to have a routine in life, but don't get stuck in that routine. Why get lost in a boring routine in life while feeling empty and just going through the motions in life? Instead, why not live?