Why New Jersey Will Always Be BAE

Why New Jersey Will Always Be BAE

A summation of why New Jersey is the best state in the union.

New Jersey often gets bad rap from people from other states, but if you're lucky enough to live there, you know how great New Jersey really is, and here's why:

1. We have the most amazing bagels (shout out to O'Bagel).

2. We have the best pizza (tied with New York).

3. We have Taylor Ham (or "pork roll" if you're some kind of savage).

4. We have 130 miles of beautiful beaches from Sandy Hook to Cape May.

5. We're an hour from New York City.

6. We're an hour from Philly.

7. So basically we have the best of both worlds. Hollllaaa.

8. We're nothing like the cast of Jersey Shore.

9. We're stronger than Sandy.

10. There's nothing like Jersey tomatoes or corn. Yum!

11. We're the birthplace of Meryl Streep.

12. And Derek Jeter.

13. And Joe Pesci.

14. And Chelsea Handler.

15. And Laura Prepon (she also went to my high school ... NBD).

16. No other state can drive like us (especially you, Pennsylvania and New York)!

17. We never have to pump our gas.

18. There are no shopping malls like New Jersey malls.

19. No one pronounces Jersey like "Joisey."

20. Diners. Diners. Diners.

21. Whether or not Central Jersey exists ... (It does).

22. The stereotype map being completely accurate.

23. We're tough, especially when we're home to one of the most dangerous cities — Camden!

24. We're home to the Giants, Jets and Devils.

25. We have our Devil.

26. Hoboken is basically the more affordable cousin of Manhattan.

27. We have great night life, from Jersey City to Seaside Heights.

28. Not only do we have beaches, but we also have mountains to ski on.

29. There's nothing quite like the NYC skyline from across the Hudson River.

30. Monopoly was created here, and who doesn't love a game of Monopoly (until a fight breaks out).

31. We have our own version of Las Vegas: Atlantic City.

32. No one can rival our sarcasm and attitude.

33. Summer concerts at PNC Banks Arts Center.

34. No other state will have as much pride as us.

35. No matter where you live, New Jersey will always be home.

In case you needed a few (or more) reasons to love New Jersey, now you've got them. Let's face it: there's no place like New Jersey and no bagel like a Jersey one.